American Indian Genocide Museum

  • ghwelker3@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15 8:30 AM

      Copyright 2004 American Indian Genocide Museum - All Rights Reserved

      The American Indian Genocide Museum has a vision to defeat prejudice
      and discrimination through education.  In the beginning of American
      History a religious leader who claimed to speak for God gave all the
      lands west of the Azores and Cape Verde  Islands to the King of Spain,
      if it wasn't already in the possession of some other Catholic King.   This
      decree issued by Pope Alexander Vl, effective  from Christmas Day
      1492 , is on display at  the General Archive of the Indies in Seville,
      Spain.

      The bigotry and intolerance this decree created for Native Americans
      was realized when upon seeing the Tarawa Indians of the Bahamas,
      Columbus wrote, "They would make fine servants. With fifty men we
      could subjugate them and make them do whatever we want".
      The problem with dehumanizing people in order to take their land is,
      that the next step is to take their lives also. Genocide in the Americas is
      not an easy subject to address- not for any American.
      Start Petition
       We need your inkind donations.
      Please go to Mission Statement page
      to see how you can help AIGM.