Re: [worldlanglist] pandunia novu

  • Dana Nutter
    Message 1 of 70 , Sep 1, 2010
      On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Risto Kupsala <risto@...> wrote:

      > In Pandunia states are tagged with -i and actions are tagged with -a and
      > -u. Entities that result from the actions are tagged with -e. However
      > the majority of names of entities are unproductive in word derivation
      > and they do not need similar suffixes for word derivation as actions and
      > states. For example there's no corresponding action for the entity
      > called "batu" (stone) and there's no need to derive causative,
      > reciprocal, inchoative etc from it. (English noun "stone" and verb "to
      > stone" are a case of polysemantics.) That's why it would be pointless to
      > force all entities into the template that was designed originally for
      > actions and states. That's why entities are treated as undivisible words
      > (except those derived from actions and states).

      Even concretes could be stative verbs. "Being a stone" is a state
      too. And there is a valid use to make a inchoative from it meaning
      "petrify". And from "petrify" you have the noun "petrification", and
      an adjective "petrified". And don't forget that "stone" itself needs
      an adjectival form referring to something that's made from stone.
    • cafaristeir
      Message 70 of 70 , Oct 6, 2010
        Dobryj vecher dorogoj Dmitry !

        Oui, je suis d'accord avec vous; je vais répondre par courriel groupé à ceux qui ont reçu le message de Nikhil.

        Olivier