Re: Worldlangs in wikipedia

  • lingwadeplaneta
    Message 1 of 75 , Nov 1, 2009
      --- In worldlanglist@yahoogroups.com, steve rice <ansric@...> wrote:

      > --- On Fri, 10/30/09, <deinx nxtxr> <deinx.nxtxr@...> wrote:
      >
      > > zeinelabidin wrote:
      > > > Why there is no article for the term worldlang in
      > > wikipedia ?
      > > >
      > > > The term is mentioned in other articles related to
      > > auxlangs and conlangs.
      > >
      > > Probably because nobody has written it yet.  I
      > > wouldn't bother
      > > though.  They are well-known for not being friendly to
      > > the conlang
      > > community and such article tend to get whacked.
      > >
      > Not in this case: the main auxlang article references worldlangs, so all that's necessary is to convert that reference to an article link and produce an article. The trick is writing a workable article. I'll think about it, though I'll be extra busy for the next week or so.

      If you do it, I'll translate it into Russian and Esperanto, Zein will translate it into Arabic, Risto into Finnish, Jens into Japanese, Dana into Sasxsek, and Olivier into all the resting languages, and thus all the world will know us!
      :)
    • steve rice
      Message 75 of 75 , Mar 26, 2010
        --- On Fri, 3/26/10, lingwadeplaneta <lingwadeplaneta@...> wrote:

        > It seems that after the publication of Steve's
        > encyclopaedia all the other articles in Wikipedia will get
        > deleted due to lack of scientific character :)

        We do seem to be building a death star to kill a wasp.

        While looking at your e-mail about finding new forms from "dialects" of Chinese, I realized that we're overlooking an obvious commonality: a widespread language that is easy, yet often used for tales of great pathos or hilarity.

        Specifically, we need to listen to drunks!

        If you're sufficiently snockered, no one can guess your L1 anyway, and I bet that drunks with no common language communicate as well as anyone. They laugh together, cry together, and do a lot of things that wind up in the news.

        So I propose that some of us get roaring drunk, and I, as designated non-drinker, can collect the evidence--data, I mean--and send it on to the YouTube Scientific Institute as preparation for a WP article.

        It'll be wonderfully scientific! Really!

        Steve