Pandunia lessons and other updates

  • risto@kupsala.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 24, 2012
      Hello!

      I have updated the English version of Pandunia web site recently. Now
      there is new outline of grammar, three lessons and a little larger
      dictionary than before.
      http://www.kupsala.net/risto/pandunia/english/

      (This is for your information in case you are not a member of Pandunia
      group or Auxlang. Now there is also Pandunia Facebook group, which is a
      good medium for receiving updates too.)

      Best regards,
      Risto Kupsala
    • risto@kupsala.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 19, 2012
        There's another new global dictionary project called PanLex
        http://rosettaproject.org/blog/02012/feb/27/panlex-joins-rosetta-long-now/

        In principle you can translate any word from any language to any language
        with better or worse accuracy (direct translations, or translations of
        translations). The system is based on data instead of information.
        Apparently it has no idea about what the words mean. So the translations
        can be very unreliable for words with many meanings in the source
        language.

        Anyway, PanLex could be a good source for worldlang vocabulary building
        provided that the user interface will be improved in the future.

        -- Risto Kupsala
        http://www.kupsala.net/risto/pandunia
      • lingwadeplaneta
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 20, 2012
          Do you know about OmegaWiki?
          http://www.omegawiki.org/Meta:Main_Page

          Recently Lidepla has been added to it, and I am adding Lidepla definitions little by little:
          http://www.omegawiki.org/Expression:kitaba
          (btw about the Finnish equivalent, never heard "rahkasuo", only "kirja")

          Unfortunately currently this dictionary is still raw, definitions in Wiktionary are more exact and orderly.

          Dmitry

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 20, 2012
            Dimitri wrote:
            > Do you know about OmegaWiki?
            > http://www.omegawiki.org/Meta:Main_Page

            I have visited OmegaWiki too. A common problem in multilingual
            dictionaries is lack of pronunciation aids. That leaves translations to
            some languages unfortunately incomprehensible.

            > Recently Lidepla has been added to it, and I am adding Lidepla definitions
            > little by little:

            That might be good. But I really think that the user interface should be
            improved. If I want translations from Finnish to Lidepla, I don't want to
            glance through tons of other languages before finding (or not finding) the
            one translation that I am looking for.

            > http://www.omegawiki.org/Expression:kitaba
            > (btw about the Finnish equivalent, never heard "rahkasuo", only "kirja")

            "Rahkasuo" is a mistake. It is a kind of swamp.

            -- Risto