Mezhdunarodny Nauchny Yazyk

  • risto@kupsala.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15 5:38 AM
      I'm currently reading Mario Pei's "One Language for the World". I noticed
      some non-European words in the sample of Kovalyov's Mezhdunarodny Nauchny
      Yazyk. There is "menzil" (house or home), from Arabic/Persian and
      "halizir" (salt), which also sounds uneuropean (but it could be Greek). I
      have to check that.

      Does anybody know about it? Dmitri? Some sources are listed in
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mezhdunarodny_Nauchny_Yazyk

      The language dates from 1911. It could be the earliest "worldlang"...

      -- Risto
    • lingwadeplaneta
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15 7:11 AM
        Terve,

        I've found some info here:
        http://miresperanto.narod.ru/esperantologio/dulichenko-istorija.htm

        It says that A.P.Kovalyov's project uses mostly roots from English, German, Russian, French, to a lesser extent from Italian and Polish. The grammar resembles Esperanto's: nouns end in -a (-i in plural), adjectives in -u (dobru - good).
        Personal pronouns:
        ego
        ti
        lu (he)
        el (she)
        il (it)
        no
        vo, Vou
        lui

        There are 48 sufixes and 24 prefixes.

        The project had 3 variants (latest in 1914), here is one text in different variants:

        1) Olga ed Josef promenit en lo(z)agra. Vidim ni siera Tomson ni Vatas, lo frienda di Michel. Dicit, ke sey frienda so trouvit en Mosque. Vene a nostru onkela hespero.

        2) Olga et Jozef promenat en lo agro.Vidim ni k-do Tomson, ni Vatas, lo fredo dey Mishel. Dicit ke sey frendo se trovit en Mosqo. Venu a nosey onklo hespere.

        3) Olga ed Josef promenat en la agro. Vidam an ni kamarado Tomson ni Vatas, la frendi dey Mishel Dicet, ke sey frendi se trovat en Mosqa. Venu a ney onkel hespere.

        Hyvaa jatkoa

        Dimitri

        --- In worldlanglist@yahoogroups.com, risto@... wrote:

        > I'm currently reading Mario Pei's "One Language for the World". I noticed
        > some non-European words in the sample of Kovalyov's Mezhdunarodny Nauchny
        > Yazyk. There is "menzil" (house or home), from Arabic/Persian and
        > "halizir" (salt), which also sounds uneuropean (but it could be Greek). I
        > have to check that.
        >
        > Does anybody know about it? Dmitri? Some sources are listed in
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mezhdunarodny_Nauchny_Yazyk
        >
        > The language dates from 1911. It could be the earliest "worldlang"...
        >
        > -- Risto

      • Risto Kupsala
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 15 12:15 PM
          Kiitos! Se taitaa olla sittenkin eurokieli.
          Thanks! It seems like a eurolang.