Re: Spy related movies

  • rbranch_800
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 28, 2002
      The problem with so called "espionage" movies of today is that they
      entail big named stars which attract the general public. Rememmber
      the general public has a stereotypical view of the spy world. They
      see it as a high tech world of fancy cars and all sorts of highly
      advanced gadgetry. But in reality spies do have gadgets, but they of
      course are not these real high tech things we see in the newer Bond
      flicks that can do 100 things in one. I believe it is the newer
      James Bond movies which have turned the general public's view of
      espionage into a stereotypical one. Spies in reality don't run
      around firing heavy machine guns dodging all kinds of bullets while
      running through countless explosions. As I said the entire purpose
      of espionage is to gather information without the enemy knowing
      this... a good spy is not supposed to be caught or cause a ruckus.
      His job is to try to keep a low profile at all costs. This is what
      saves his life, but of course the movie world can't have this
      because the general public insist that spies are big action heros.

      I'd like to hear everyones take on this.