What Spies Today Do

  • rbranch_800
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2002
      I am asking all of you to try to comment on your opinions on the
      jobs of spys today. The cold war is over and there is a new threat..
      terroism. I believe spies battle terroism.
    • mafia_man777
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22, 2002
        In the arena of world affairs, I would say there are plenty more for
        intel services to watch. India/Pakistan relations, Chinese military
        and economic growth (not to mention CI, or counter-intelligence), the
        infancy of post-Soviet Union Russia, religious fundamentalist groups
        of all kinds, the various civil wars and nationalist groups around
        the globe. Those are just a few. Also, please do not use the
        world "spy" incorrectly. Analysts and case officers work for
        intelligence services. I'm guessing you meant case officer when you
        said spy. If there is glamour in intelligence, case officers would be
        the ones to know it since they recruit "spies" to betray their
        loyalities by giving information.

        --- In worldintelligencenetwork@y..., rbranch_800 <no_reply@y...>
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 22, 2002
          Actually I meant spies as in people who do all the field work. And
          perhaps these are the people who intercept those numbers
          transmissions I hear.