Ponders News

  • Rich Martin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2008
      Ponders News
      ============ ========= ===
      If you would like to join my email list,
      send an email to http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/ponderaa1/ join
      ============ ========= ===
      A New Media Alliance?

      There is discussion on my list right now about starting up a network similar
      to the American Media Alliance. The purpose of the network would be to
      notify media outlets all over the nation at a click of the button about
      breaking news they may or may not wish to cover. We will need people willing
      to actually take action by covering such news to be involved. If this is
      organized right, we can have thousands of outlets across the US, and no
      matter where the news happens, someone from the new alliance will be there
      to report to everyone else.

      Let us hear your input. Join Ponder's News Group NOW!
      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/ponderaa1/

      ============ ========= ===
      Send an Abunga Gift Card
      http://www.kqzyfj. com/email- 3189384-10568505
      ============ ========= ===

      Articles of Interest

      U.S. Army Troops To Serve As U.S. Policemen?

      According to the Army Times (dated Tuesday, September 30, 2008), "Beginning
      Oct. 1 for 12 months, the 1st BCT [Brigade Combat Team] will be under the
      day-to-day control of U.S. Army North, the Army service component of
      Northern Command, as an on-call federal response force for natural or
      manmade emergencies and disasters, including terrorist attacks...Read
      More...
      http://www.infowars .com/?p=5112

      'Honest Vote Wisconsin' to Press for Voter Registration Reform

      A new bi-partisan group, Honest Vote Wisconsin, has been formed to push
      state election officials to adhere to the federal voter laws which require
      Wisconsin to conduct matching checks of new voter registrations back to
      January of 2006. The Government Accountability Board has refused to look at
      voter registrations prior to August 6, 2008. Read More...
      http://christiannew swire.com/ news/583188139. html

      Dr. Alveda King: Louisiana Legislator's Sterilization Proposal Would Fight
      Economic Poverty with Moral Bankruptcy

      Dr. Alveda King, Pastoral Associate of Priests for Life and niece of Dr.
      Martin Luther King, Jr. today reacted to the recent proposal of Louisiana
      State Representative John LaBruzzo to offer taxpayer money to poor women and
      men to be sterilized and to offer tax incentives to higher income people to
      have more children. Read More...
      http://christiannew swire.com/ news/307258134. html

      The Financial Services Bailout and the Congressional Windup

      This is the WashingtonWatch. com federal legislative update for the week of
      October 6,
      2008. Read it...
      http://www.prnewswi re.com/publicint erest/

      ============ ========= ===
      Get 40% off bestselling Christian books at FamilyChristian. com!
      http://www.dpbolvw. net/email- 3189384-10307219
      ============ ========= ===
      Sites of Interest

      NewsMax.com http://www.newsmax. com/
      One News Now http://www.onenewsn ow.com/default. aspx
      Ron Paul War Room http://www.ronpaulw arroom.com/
      Politico http://www.politico .com/
      Source Watch http://www.sourcewa tch.org
      The Place With No Name http://www.theplace withnoname. com/
      Politicker MD http://www.politick ermd.com/
      VoterBomb http://www.voterbom b.com/2008/
      Target Freedom http://targetfreedo m.typepad. com/targetfreedo m/

      ============ ========= ===
      Look Through A Huge Selection Of Funny And Officially Licensed Shirts At The
      TshirtOutlet
      http://www.anrdoezr s.net/email- 3189384-10527960
      ============ ========= ===
      Yes, Shonda said it

      "I remain convinced that the pen is mightier than the sword. But the pen is
      slowly losing its power. Sooner or later, the pen will be outlawed. When
      that happens, then it will be time to fight."
      ============ ========= ===
      Name Your Own Price & Save up to HALF OFF! Priceline - Flights, Hotels,
      Cars, Vacation Packages
      http://www.kqzyfj. com/email- 3189384-10402642
      ============ ========= ===
      What Ponder's News is About:

      This newsletter is dedicated to getting out information vital to encouraging
      action and thought toward protecting our rights as Americans. I will post
      information that is important to the Judeao-Christian point of view. I will
      encourage activism in many aspects from organizing rallies to writing our
      congressman.

      Here you will see news, views, and ideas that will help you in your daily
      decision making as a citizen.

      Shonda Ponder does not necessarily support any one person, group or
      organization. She dedicated to information as a whole. If you don't like the
      information posted here, don't share it. It's that simple. If you do find
      this information useful, then by all means, please share the information you
      find here.
      ============ ========= ========= =
      Get Ron Paul Elected! Get 1000's Ron Paul T-Shirts at CafePress
      http://www.kqzyfj. com/email- 3189384-10521659
      ============ ========= ========= =
      ============ ========= ========= =
      Click and build your very own Web site online!
      http://www.dpbolvw. net/email- 3189384-10519694
      ============ ========= =========
      Visit Shonda Ponder's Blog
      http://shondaponder .blogspot. com
      ============ ========= ========= =
      If you have some news you would like to share, please contact me

      Contact Information

      Shonda Ponder ponderaa1@windstrea m.net
      903-280-8263

      I'M MAD, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE.

      Would you like to help organize a march on Washington like the one that successfully brought an end to Viet war? If we don't fire Washington, who will?

      For details, send email to:
      ElectionDayMarch-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Rich Martin

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2008
        Ponders News
        ============ ========= ===
        If you would like to join my email list,
        send an email to http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/ponderaa1/ join
        24 Members so far
        ============ ========= ===
        Federal Voter Assistance Program Needs Reform

        Washington, D.C. - On October 3rd, Reps. Carolyn B. Maloney (D-NY) and
        Michael Honda (D-CA) introduced the Fixing the Federal Voting Assistance
        Program Act (H.R. 7265), which would strengthen oversight of the federal
        office charged with helping overseas military and civilian voters.

        In recent elections, the Federal Voter Assistance Program (FVAP) has
        struggled to meet its mandate to help ensure access to the ballot for
        thousands of overseas voters, both civilian and military (see list of the
        FVAP's recent lapses, below). Maloney's bill would create an oversight
        board to monitor the FVAP's efforts and ensure accountability by requiring
        Senate confirmation of the program's director.

        "It's sadly ironic that Americans who are fighting to preserve our democracy
        often have a tough time casting their vote," Maloney said. "We must do more
        to ensure that our troops and other overseas Americans have access to the
        ballot. This legislation is designed to bring oversight and accountability
        to the federal program that has struggled in its mission to ensure greater
        ballot access for our soldiers, sailors and airmen, their families, as well
        as civilians living overseas. My only regret is that this legislation
        cannot pass in time to help in the 2008 elections."

        Specifically, H.R. 7265 would amend the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens
        Absentee Voting Act to require the presidential designee responsible for
        carrying out federal functions under the Act to have experience in election
        administration and be approved by the Senate. The bill would also establish
        the Overseas Voting Advisory Board to oversee the administration of the Act
        so that American citizens who live overseas or serve in the military can
        participate in elections for public office.

        Background
        The Federal Voting Assistance Program is supposed to help ensure that
        overseas voters are counted in elections. The following is a list of recent
        failures of the FVAP that highlight the need for a new direction and greater
        oversight of the office's efforts.
        2002

        . The Inspector General of the Department of Defense found during the
        2002 election that about 42% of military surveyed knew who their Voting
        Assistance Officer was. Four years and two federal election cycles later,
        only 47% knew.

        2004

        . In 2004, the Interim Voting Assistance System spent $576,000, but only
        17 voters participated.

        2006

        . The Inspector General also found that in 2006, only 33% of military
        absentee voters were aware of the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA, the
        very form they are to use to request an absentee ballot). Only 25% had
        received FPCAs by the DoD deadline of January 15th. Further, only 31% of
        the military absentee voters surveyed were even aware of the Federal
        Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB) and its use if they didn't receive their
        regular absentee ballot.

        . Only 5% of Unit Voting Assistance Officers during the 2006 election
        cycle had delivered Federal Post Card Applications to their personnel by the
        Secretary of Defense mandated January 15th deadline. When pressed, the
        UVAOs admitted they either weren't assigned until after the January 15th
        deadline, they did not even know of the requirement, or they simply ignored
        the requirement because they "perceived the requirement as an administrative
        burden."

        . In 2006, 39.8% of this country's citizens voted. However, only 22% of
        the military's active duty personnel voted. Simply bringing military
        voting rates up to those of the general population would increase military
        voting by over 241,000 total voters.

        . While more than 85% of the general electorate who requested absentee
        ballots actually cast them, only about 25% of the military who requested
        them actually got the chance to cast them.

        . In 2006, FVAP spent $1.1 million on the Integrated Voting Assistance
        System, but only eight votes were traced back to the system.

        2007-2008

        Request for Proposals for Military Voter Registration System which was
        supposed to be operational in December 2007, but was not launched until
        late August 2008 just months before the 2008 election. In additional there
        have been numerous reportsxvi that the final product available on the FVAP
        website is much less helpful than other websites that are available, this
        after months of delay.

        This article can be found on the web at:
        http://maloney. house.gov/ index.php? option=content& task=view& id=1727&Itemid= 61

        ============ ========= ===
        Get your "Vote!" Large Mug

        Rock the vote, vote or die, however you say it, just Vote! Awesome election
        day gear, clothes, stickers and buttons. Vote clothes, tees and mugs for
        November elections. Voting shirts!

        http://www.anrdoezr s.net/email- 3189384-10467594 ?url=http% 3A%2F%2Fwww. cafepress. com%2Fworldsfair .199516593% 3Fr%3Dcj% 26pid%3D7532081% 26CMP%3DOTC% 3Acommissionjunc tion&cjsku= 199516593
        ============ ========= ===
        Articles of Interest

        Markey to Markets: Derivatives Reform Necessary to Regain Stability

        Representative Edward J. Markey (D-MA), former chairman of the House
        Subcommittee on Telecommunications and Finance from 1987-1995, today
        announced the re-introduction of legislation he first proposed in 1994 to
        reform the "derivatives" market which has played a key role in the current
        financial crisis. Derivatives are complex financial contracts that allow
        market participants to hedge risk or make speculative bets regarding
        interest rates, foreign currencies, commodities, credit defaults or other
        assets. Read More...
        http://markey. house.gov/ index.php? option=com_ content&task= view&id=3468& Itemid=141

        Rep. McCarthy Urges Women to Screen for Early Detection During National
        Breast Cancer Awareness Month

        As we turn the corner into the fall, cooler weather can be a reminder for us
        all that October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. There are over
        2 million women living in the United States who have been treated for breast
        cancer. As Long Islanders, we experience a higher incidence of breast
        cancer than many other parts of the country, so monthly self-exams for women
        of all ages, and annual mammograms for women over 40 are especially
        important. For women under 40 with a family history of breast cancer, they
        should speak with their health care provider about the appropriate time to
        begin receiving mammograms and how often. Read More...

        http://carolynmccar thy.house. gov/?sectionid= 155&parentid= 1§iontree= 155&itemid= 831

        Murphy to Paulson and Bernanke - No Taxpayer Money for Lavish CEO Trips

        retreat at the St. Regis Resort in Monarch Beach, California, Congressman
        Tim Murphy (PA-18) today joined his colleagues in a letter to Treasury
        Secretary Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke to demand that AIG
        repay the American people in full and that no taxpayer money be used to fund
        extravagant trips for CEO's and top executives bailed out by the federal
        government. Read More...
        http://murphy. house.gov/ News/DocumentSin gle.aspx? DocumentID= 104646

        ============ ========= ===
        Breast Cancer Awareness Long Sleeve Dark T-Shirt

        This breast cancer awareness t-shirt and gift idea will let everyone know we
        all are for breast cancer research to find a cure for breast cancer.
        http://www.dpbolvw. net/email- 3189384-10467594 ?url=http% 3A%2F%2Fwww. cafepress. com%2F1siesandmo re.142964579% 3Fr%3Dcj% 26pid%3D7532081% 26CMP%3DOTC% 3Acommissionjunc tion&cjsku= 142964579
        ============ ========= ===
        Sites of Interest

        The Patriot http://thepatriot. homestead. com/
        The Patriot Post http://patriotpost. us/
        THE WORLD AS IT SHOULD AND SHOULD NOT BE ACCORDING TO LISA RICHARDS
        http://www.lisa- richards. com/

        ============ ========= ===
        Spirit of America Patriotic Party Assortment for 10 People

        "Spirit of America Patriotic Party Assortment for 10 People includes: (5)
        Plastic Top Hats (assorted red, white and blue), (5) Printed Tiaras (red,
        white and blue with glitter and silver stars), (10) 9"" Red, Silver and Blue
        Horns, (5) Soft-Twist Poly Leis, (20) White Serpentine Throws."

        http://www.anrdoezr s.net/email- 3189384-10273928 ?url=http% 3A%2F%2Fwww. buycostumes. com%2FSpirit- of-America- Patriotic- Party-Assortment -for-10-People% 2F30048%2FProduc tDetail.aspx% 3FREF%3DAFC- datafeed& cjsku=30048
        ============ ========= ===
        Yes, Shonda said it

        "As media, my job was to cry the warning -- to be the "Watchman on the wall"
        so to speak."
        ============ ========= ===
        Libertarian Party 2008 Boxer Shorts

        Campaign t-shirts, bumper stickers, button, banners, and signs for the
        Libertarian party candidate, former GOP congressman Bob Barr, for President
        in 2008

        http://www.tkqlhce. com/email- 3189384-10467594 ?url=http% 3A%2F%2Fwww. cafepress. com%2Flimitlessp os.132406107% 3Fr%3Dcj% 26pid%3D7532081% 26CMP%3DOTC% 3Acommissionjunc tion&cjsku= 132406107

        ============ ========= ===
        What Ponder's News is About:

        This newsletter is dedicated to getting out information vital to encouraging
        action and thought toward protecting our rights as Americans. I will post
        information that is important to the Judeao-Christian point of view. I will
        encourage activism in many aspects from organizing rallies to writing our
        congressman.

        Here you will see news, views, and ideas that will help you in your daily
        decision making as a citizen.

        Shonda Ponder does not necessarily support any one person, group or
        organization. She dedicated to information as a whole. If you don't like the
        information posted here, don't share it. It's that simple. If you do find
        this information useful, then by all means, please share the information you
        find here.
        ============ ========= ========= =
        Chuck Baldwin 08 Large Mug

        If Baldwin and the Constitution Party have your vote in November, then let
        everyone know it!

        http://www.tkqlhce. com/email- 3189384-10467594 ?url=http% 3A%2F%2Fwww. cafepress. com%2Frightthing s.271314852% 3Fr%3Dcj% 26pid%3D7532081% 26CMP%3DOTC% 3Acommissionjunc tion&cjsku= 271314852

        ============ ========= ========= =
        Have a Sense of Humor, Please

        Evil Politician Goes to Heaven
        Sent by Debra Dedmon
        libertariangirl702@ yahoo.com

        An evil politician stands at the gates of heaven . God tells him "there is
        free will even in death and you have a decision to make"

        "Whats that" asks evil politician ( please insert any name)

        "you need to decide where to spend eternity" relies God

        "you could stay in heaven and live a lovely peaceful eternity with loved
        ones , its some what simple but alas all is good and well here"

        or

        ( god shows the evil politician the scene from hell)
        "you could stay there "( god shows him hot women , debauchery , a regular
        party where the fun never ends , drugs , sex , great music... all the
        pleasures one had in life: etc

        the evil one says " well the choice is obvious , I choose down there , no
        offense but you seem a little boring for a man of my stature"

        and so it is , and the politician wakes to find endless torture and pain
        bestowed him forever and ever.

        he cries out " my god what happened this isnt what i chose , where is all
        that was promised me"

        GOD REPLIES " oh yesterday we were campaigning and today you voted."
        ============ ========= ========= =
        The ABC of the Federal Reserve System: Why the Federal Reserve System Was
        Called into Being, the Main Features of Its Organization, and How It Works

        http://www.dpbolvw. net/email- 3189384-10524481 ?url=http% 3A%2F%2Fwww. ecampus.com% 2Fbk_detail. asp%3Fisbn% 3D9781428631687% 26referrer% 3DCJ&cjsku= 9781428631687N
        ============ ========= =========
        Visit Shonda Ponder's Blog
        http://shondaponder .blogspot. com
        ============ ========= ========= =
        If you have some news you would like to share, please contact me

        Contact Information

        Shonda Ponder ponderaa1@windstrea m.net
        903-280-8263

        Citizen's Network Alliance
        Shonda Ponder, President
        ponderaa1@windstrea m.net
        903-794-7241 (Home)
        903-280-8263 (Cell)

        Join the Alliance today!
        I'm looking for authors, writers, Access TV Hosts, radio show hosts, TV show
        personalities, Newspaper editors, and especially reporters from all walks of
        life to join the alliance and help cover the news. If you would like to help
        us fight to protect liberty as a media contact, please contact me
        immediately!
        Are you a web site owner, or email list owner? We need you too! Any media!

        Get the Alliance Alerts
        citizensnw-subscrib e@yahoogroups. com

        Ponder's Ponderers: Shonda's Discussion list
        ponderaa1-subscribe @yahoogroups. com

        Just Write In Ron Paul - 2008 Presidential Election Bumper Stickers (Large)
        http://www.amazon. com/gp/product/ B001AY4NQC? ie=UTF8&tag= texasexpressn- 20&linkCode= as2&camp= 1789&creative= 9325&creativeASI N=B001AY4NQC

        I'M MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE.
         http://www.thepetit ionsite.com/ 1/recall- the-congress- of-this-united- states