What Lurks Behind The Edwards For President Facade

  • fellowtruthteller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2007
      What Lurks Behind The Edwards For President Facade
      We do not know but we are looking.
      With your help perhaps we can find out before it is too late.We feel
      certain that
      Democrats will choose a candidate who fits the profile that has
      provided Democrats
      with Presidential election victories in the past.
      Democrats have won the White House with "white" Southern men,
      ranging from Jimmy Carter of Georgia in 1976, to JFK's Vice
      President, Lyndon Johnson of Texas, who became President after JFK
      was assassinated in Dallas, Texas on November 22nd, 1963, and who
      was overwhelmingly elected President in 1964.
      Another "white" Southern man, FDR's Vice President, Harry Truman of
      Missouri, who became President after FDR's death in 1945, held onto
      the Presidency in the election of 1948.
      Yet another "white" Southern man, former Vice President Al Gore, in
      2000, won more popular votes than Republican George W. Bush.
      We look at some of the history and people we have come across in our
      continuing search
      for What Lurks Behind The Edwards For President Facade as we seek to
      everything we can about the person we think Democrats will choose to
      run for President
      in 2008: former 2004 Vice Presidential candidate John Edwards (or
      is it Jon Edwards?).
      "Friedrich (Frederik) Weyerhäuser (November 21, 1834 in Nieder-
      Saulheim, Rheinhessen - April 4, 1914 in Pasadena, California) was a
      German-American timber mogul and founder of the Weyerhaeuser
      Company, which possesses large forested areas as well as saw mills,
      paper factories and other business enterprises.
      At the age of 18, Weyerhäuser emigrated from Germany to the United
      States and began as a worker in a sawmill, which he later bought. He
      also began to acquire interests, some of which were majority
      interests, in many other timber companies. In 1872, he established
      the Mississippi River Boom and Logging Co., an alliance that handled
      all the logs that were processed on the Mississippi River. In 1900,
      Weyerhäuser bought 900,000 acres (3,600 km²) of timberland in the
      Pacific Northwest from James J. Hill and founded the Weyerhäuser
      Timber Company. Weyerhäuser never changed the name of the company
      which he controlled. One of the 30 factories in which he held an
      interest was Potlatch, later Potlatch Corporation. He also owned
      interests in the Boise Cascade Corporation. The Weyerhäuser Company
      is still the world's largest seller of timber.
      In thanks to his home community of Saulheim, he established the
      music hall there in 1904."
      source for item above :
      "Weyerhaeuser is one of the largest pulp and paper companies in the
      world; the world's largest private owner of softwood timberland; and
      the second largest owner in the United States, behind International
      Paper. Weyerhaeuser has approximately 41,000 employees in 18
      countries, including United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand,
      China, Mexico, Ireland, France, and Uruguay.
      In January 1900, Friedrich Weyerhäuser founded the company as
      Weyerhaeuser Timber Company with 15 partners and 900,000 acres
      (3,600 km²) of Washington timberland.[2] In 1929, the company built
      what was then the world's largest sawmill in Longview, Washington.
      Weyerhaeuser's pulp mill in Longview, which began production in
      1931, sustained the company financially during the Great Depression.
      In 1959, the company eliminated the word "Timber" from its name to
      better reflect its operations. In 1965, Weyerhaeuser built its first
      bleached kraft pulp mill in Canada. Weyerhaeuser implemented its
      High Yield Forestry Plan in 1967 which drew upon 30 years of
      forestry research and field experience. It called for the planting
      of seedlings within one year of a harvest, soil fertilization,
      thinning, rehabilitation of brushlands, and, eventually, genetic
      improvement of trees.
      Weyerhaeuser consolidated its core businesses in the late 1990s and
      ended its services in mortgage banking, personal care products,
      financial services, and information systems consulting. Weyerhaeuser
      also expanded into South America, Australia, and Asia. In 1999,
      Weyerhaeuser purchased MacMillan Bloedel Limited, a large Canadian
      forestry company. Then in 2002 after a protracted hostile buyout,
      the company acquired Willamette Industries, Inc. of Portland, Oregon.
      [3] On August 23, 2006, Weyerhaeuser announced a merge with Domtar's
      fine paper business in a $3.3 billion cash and stock deal.
      Weyerhaeuser imports timber products from Malaysia, Chile, and
      Brazil, and has timber operations or offices in 44 American states,
      Canada, and 18 other countries. Weyerhaeuser is one of North
      America's largest distributors of wood products; it owns more than
      seven million acres (28,000 km²) of land in the U.S., and holds
      logging rights to more than 35 million acres (142,000 km²) of land
      in Canada. Weyerhaeuser has expanded beyond its roots in lumber and
      wood products; it controls more than 100 subsidiaries in fields such
      as construction, real estate sales, and development.
      The company's operations are divided into five major business
      Timberlands — Growing and harvesting trees in renewable cycles.
      Wood Products — Manufacturing and distribution of building materials
      for homes and other structures.
      Pulp and Paper — Produces a variety of papers and the pulp used to
      produce papers, absorbent products, photographic film, and several
      Containerboard Packaging and Recycling — Produces paper, boxes, and
      bags to move products from factories to the household. The segment
      collects and recycles wastepaper, boxes, and newsprint to make new
      Real Estate — Builds homes and develops land. Weyerhaeuser has six
      subsidiaries collectively called WRECO, the largest of which is
      Pardee Homes.
      The company also operates an IT internship program to develop
      professionals for employment in its IT department.
      The Weyerhaeuser board of directors consists of: Richard Haskayne,
      Robert Herbold, Martha Rivers Ingram, John W. Kieckhefer, Arnold
      Langbo, Don Mazankowski, Nicole Piasecki, Steven Rogel, Richard
      Sinkfield, D. Michael Steuert, James Sullivan, and Charles
      Weyerhaeuser Company. Google Finance. Retrieved on 2006-12-1.
      Weyerhaeuser in Brief (PDF). Weyerhaeuser. Retrieved on 2006-11-
      Weyerhaeuser Welcomes Oregon Willamette Employees as Companies
      Combine to grow Global Leader
      External links
      Weyerhaeuser Company Web Site http://www.weyerhaeuser.com/
      iLevel by Weyerhaeuser : Structural Frame Business Web Site
      Dryden Pulp & Paper Workers suffer from brain damage
      source for item excerpted from above:
      as usual in such things we were curious about the Board of Directors
      of this company
      as we are curious about Boards of Directors of many companies
      we clicked on the link in the wikipedia article for:
      Richard (Dick) Francis Haskayne, O.C., A.O.E., B.Comm., LL.D.,
      F.C.A., (born 1934) is a Canadian businessman and philanthropist.
      Raised in Gleichen, Alberta, he received a Bachelor of Commerce
      degree from the University of Alberta in 1956 and became a Chartered
      Accountant in 1959.
      He spent more than twenty years with Hudson's Bay Oil and Gas
      becoming President in 1980. He was Chairman, President and Chief
      Executive Officer of Interhome Energy Inc. From 1996 to 1998, he was
      Chairman of TransAlta Corporation. From 1996 to 1999, he was
      Chairman of the Board of MacMillan Bloedel Limited when it was
      acquired by Weyerhaeuser. From 1992 to 1998, he was Chairman of NOVA
      Corporation when the company merged with TransCanada PipeLines
      Limited. He retired from TransCanada Pipelines in 2005." and came up
      with the above which may be found at
      we found the item immediately below at
      Robert J. Herbold, Heritage Trustee Since 2003
      Retired Chief Operating Officer Microsoft
      Herbold, Microsoft's recently retired chief operating officer, runs
      a consulting business and serves on the boards of Weyerhauser Corp.,
      Agilent Technologies, Cintas Corp. and First Mutual Bank. Also,
      President Bush recently appointed him to the President's Council of
      Advisors on Science and Technology.
      He also works part time for Microsoft as an executive vice
      president, assisting in the government, industry and customer areas.
      He is also president of The Herbold Foundation, which focuses
      primarily on providing college scholarships to science, mathematics
      and engineering students."
      for the record we liked what we read at
      The Heritage Foundation
      214 Massachusetts Ave NE
      Washington DC 20002-4999
      ph 202.546.4400 | fax 202.546.8328
      we hope that if enough people contact them they might prevail upon
      good people like Robert J. Herbold, and others, to look more closely
      at things like Weyerhauser's relationship to Fortress, and the
      relationship of Fortress to John Edwards, or is it Jon Edwards?
      we clicked on the link to Martha Rivers Ingram in the wikipedia
      excerpted from above and came up with:Martha Rivers Ingram
      From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia at
      Martha Robinson Rivers Ingram (born 20 August 1935) is the widow of
      Erskine Bronson Ingram, who inherited his father's petroleum and
      barge empire in 1963. Martha inherited the fortune after Bronson's
      death, and took Ingram Micro public a year later. She owns Ingram
      Industries, a business run by her three sons... She is listed in the
      Forbes 400.
      She is the mother of businessmen David Ingram, Orrin H. Ingram III,
      and John Rivers Ingram
      She is a member of the boards of Baxter International, Inc., First
      American Corporation, and Weyerhaeuser Company. She is also chairman
      of the Vanderbilt University Board of Trust and a trustee of Ashley
      Hall School and Vassar College."
      now we are starting to notice something about some of these
      Weyerhauser directors. Some of them at least, seem to have some ties
      to the oil business. We wonder why that might be. Does anyone have
      any ideas on that?
      We Googled John Kieckhefer
      and came up with the item below at:
      John I Kieckhefer
      Director at
      Weyerhaeuser Company
      Federal Way, Washington
      Director since 1990 62 years old
      John I. Kieckhefer, 62, a director of the Company since 1990, has
      been president of Kieckhefer Associates, Inc. (investment and trust
      management) since 1989, and was senior vice president prior to that
      time. He has been engaged in commercial cattle operations since 1967
      and is a trustee of J.W. Kieckhefer Foundation, an Arizona
      charitable trust."
      We Googled Arnold Langbo and came up with the item below at:
      "Arnold G Langbo Director at Johnson & Johnson
      New Brunswick, New Jersey
      Director since 1991 69 years old
      Mr. Langbo, 69, was elected to the Board of Directors in 1991 and is
      a member of the Nominating & Corporate Governance Committee and
      Chairman of the Compensation & Benefits Committee. Mr. Langbo
      retired as Chairman of the Board of Kellogg Company (cereals and
      convenience foods) in 2000. He had held that position since 1992
      after having been President and Chief Operating Officer of Kellogg
      since 1990. He also served as Chief Executive Officer from 1992
      until 1999. Mr. Langbo joined Kellogg Canada Inc. in 1956 and served
      in a number of management positions in Canada and the United States
      before being named President of Kellogg International in 1986. Mr.
      Langbo is a Director of Weyerhaeuser Company and Whirlpool
      PUSH: When Carlos Gutierrez became U.S. secretary of commerce in
      2005, he had so little clout that the White House vetoed his choice
      of his own senior adviser. Two years later, that perception is
      changing. Gutierrez, 53, has emerged as one of the most potent
      forces behind the Bush administration's most contentious domestic-
      policy initiatives: an overhaul of immigration laws that splits the
      president from his Republican base. Gutierrez... has spent about
      three afternoons a week at the Capitol for the last two months,
      negotiating the compromise legislation the Senate is considering
      this week. The issue has a personal resonance for Gutierrez, a Cuban
      refugee who worked his way up to become chief executive officer of
      Kellogg Co… Senator Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican who
      helped forge the compromise, calls Gutierrez "sort of our moral
      compass." Bloomberg: Gutierrez Becomes `Moral Compass' of Bush's
      Immigration Effort
      We clicked on the link for Don Mazankowski in the Wikipedia article
      the Board of Directors of Weyerhaeuser and found
      Donald Frank Mazankowski, PC, OC, AOE (born July 27, 1935, in
      Viking, Alberta) was a Canadian politician who served as a cabinet
      minister under Prime Ministers Joe Clark and Brian Mulroney. He is
      currently a consultant with the law firm Gowlings Lafleur Henderson.
      He also serves as a director or trustee for a number of companies,
      including Weyerhaeuser Co., ATCO Ltd., Shaw Communications Inc., and
      Power Corporation of Canada.
      Mazankowski was born to parents of Polish descent. He went into
      business and became the manager of an auto dealership. Long
      interested in politics, Mazankowski became an important member of
      the Albertan Progressive Conservative Party, and in the 1968 federal
      election, he was elected to the Canadian House of Commons as the
      Member of Parliament (MP) for Vegreville, Alberta.
      During the short-lived Clark government, Mazankowski served as
      Minister of Transport. When the Tories returned to power under
      Mulroney in the 1984 election, Mazankowski again became Minister of
      Transport. In 1986, he was promoted to Deputy Prime Minister and
      Government House Leader. Mazankowski became one of the most widely-
      known public faces of the Tory government. He played an especially
      important role as an advocate for the Canada-U.S. Free Trade
      Agreement and the North American Free Trade Agreement.
      The Mulroney government became increasingly unpopular, however, but
      Mazankowski was less severely affected than others. In 1991, he
      became Finance Minister, replacing the extremely unpopular Michael
      Mazankowski retired from politics on June 7, 1993. When Kim Campbell
      succeeded Mulroney as PC leader and prime minister two weeks later,
      Mazankowski was replaced as Finance Minister by Gilles Loiselle.
      Mazankowski did not run in the 1993 election that saw his party
      reduced to two seats in the House of Commons. Mazankowski returned
      to the private sector, and served on the boards of several
      organizations, including the University of Alberta. He declined an
      offer of a Senate seat made by Brian Mulroney in his final days as
      Prime Minister.
      He has remained involved in politics. In 2002, he headed an
      investigation in Alberta's health care system. He also played an
      important role in the merger between the Progressive Conservative
      Party and the Canadian Alliance party, and is a strong supporter of
      the new Conservative Party of Canada.
      He is one of the few Canadians to be given the title of "The Right
      Honourable" without having held an office that would entitle him to
      In 2000, he was made an Officer of the Order of Canada. In 2003, he
      was awarded the Alberta Order of Excellence.
      at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Mazankowski
      Which really does not shock us at all. If you are a big North
      Timber Company, or however it might be described these days
      or, for that matter a big North American Company in just about any
      business, you are sure to try to find some North American politicans
      to sit on your board.
      We wonder how some of those big companies, be they in North America,
      or Germany, or wherever will cozy up to President Edwards and which
      of them
      already have or may be about to.
      Now here is another interesting pattern. John Edwards, (or is it Jon
      likes to talk about something he describes as "Two Americas". It
      seems, however, that Edwards association with Fortress, and the
      association of Fortress with other big companies like Weyerhaeuser
      Company speak more to
      an America that really is very well entrenched indeed on the
      corporate landscape of our little planet.
      Which America does John Edwards (or is it Jon Edwards?) really
      We Googled another Weyerhaeuser Company director Nicole Piasecki,
      and came up with:
      Boeing Appoints Nicole Piasecki as President of Boeing Japan
      CHICAGO, Nov. 13, 2006 -- The Boeing Company (NYSE: BA) today named
      Nicole Piasecki vice president of Boeing International and president
      of Boeing Japan. Based in Tokyo, Piasecki will be responsible for
      developing and strengthening Boeing's presence and partnerships in
      Japan. She will report to Laurette Koellner, president, Boeing
      Her previous career experience includes working for Piasecki
      Aircraft Corporation; Cresap, a Towers Perrin Company; Weyerhaeuser
      Japan, Ltd.; and United Technologies, Sikorsky Aircraft Division.
      Piasecki is a member of the board of directors of the Weyerhinaeuser
      Company and serves on the (U.S.) Federal Aviation Administration's
      Management Advisory Council." at
      We were able to find the $500 contribution below to one Maria
      http://cantwell.senate.gov/ Official Web Site of Maria Cantwell -
      (Democrat) US Senator from Washington State.

      from Nicole Piasecki of Boeing in 2003 at http://www.opensecrets.org
      SEATTLE,WA 98112
      Cantwell, Maria
      March 22, 2001
      We looked at an article from
      Published: March 22, 2001
      at http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?
      which is excerpted from below:
      Money for Campaigns Debated, Then Raised
      By day, the Senate approved a campaign finance overhaul proposal
      that would assist Congressional candidates who face challenges from
      self-financed millionaires.
      By night, Senate Democrats repaired to the palatial Embassy Row home
      of a millionaire senator, John Edwards of North Carolina, to raise
      money for Maria Cantwell, who used $10.3 million of her Internet
      fortune to win her Senate seat from Washington State in November.
      The long, black sedans snaked up and down 30th Street on Tuesday
      night to drop off guests willing to help Senator Cantwell pay off a
      $4.2 million campaign debt that became even more worrisome after the
      collapse of her high-tech stock portfolio. ''Please make checks
      payable to Cantwell 2000 Debt,'' the invitation said. ''$1,000
      maximum donation.''
      The timing was hard to ignore. In a week in which the Senate had
      begun its debate on overhauling the campaign finance system -- a
      system, lawmakers complain, that forces them into a never-ending
      hunt for cash -- a group of senators had left Capitol Hill and gone
      straight to a big-money fund-
      and the $500 contribution below to one Norm Dicks at
      http://www.opensecrets.orgPIASECKI, NICOLE W
      SEATTLE,WA 98112
      Dicks, Norm

      http://www.house.gov/dicks/ is the Official web site for
      Representative Norman D. Dicks (D - WA)
      Like so many Distinguished Gentlemen and Ladies Congress person
      Dicks likes
      to travel, we excerpted the material below from some data regarding
      that which we found at:
      DICKS, NORM D, Democratic Party
      Total number of trips - 18
      Total cost of trips - $71,020.73
      Average cost per trip - $3,945.60
      Total number of days spent traveling - 81 days
      Rank of representative - 72 (Out of 638)
      Sponsor(s) - Council on Foreign Relations
      Dates - May 13, 2002 - May 13, 2002 (1 days)
      Location(s) - New York, NY
      Purpose - to speak at CFR panel event on "Bush's defense policy
      Notes - Transportation breakdown is $256 for shuttle, $78 for car
      Travel Cost - $335.00
      Lodging Cost -
      Meal Cost -
      Other Cost -
      Total Cost - $335.00
      Sponsor(s) - Boeing Inc.
      Dates - April 7, 2004 - April 8, 2004 (2 days)
      Location(s) - Los Angeles, CA
      Purpose - Briefing and tour of C-17 aircraft and aircraft protection
      system. Tour of AF satellite production facilities
      Notes - 04/09/2004 to 04/18/2004 was at his personal expense
      Travel Cost - $210.20
      Lodging Cost - $741.00
      Meal Cost - $166.13
      Other Cost -
      Total Cost - $1,117.33
      We clicked on Steven Rogel in the Wikipedia piece on Weyerhauser
      directors and found :
      "Steven R. Rogel has been Chairman, President and Chief Executive
      Officer of The Weyerhaeuser Company since April 20, 1999. Rogel has
      been a member of the company's board of directors since December 1,
      A University of Washington graduate, he received his Bachelor of
      Science degree in chemical engineering in 1965. He has also
      completed executive education programs at Dartmouth College and the
      Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
      He was president and chief executive officer of Willamette
      Industries until 1996. He later made sure the company was bought out
      by Weyerhaeuser after becoming their CEO." at
      we looked at some campaign contributions from Weyerhauser's Steven
      Rogel at
      where we found :ROGEL, STEVEN R
      TACOMA, WA 98499
      contributed a number of politicians including:
      LOTT, TRENT (R)
      Senate - MS
      in the general election 10/19/2006
      and to
      BAIRD, BRIAN N (D)
      House (WA 03)
      in the general election on October 16th, 2006
      http://www.house.gov/baird/ is the Official web site for
      Representative Brian Baird (D - WA).
      Top Contributors at
      included Weyerhaeuser Co as number 8 and Microsoft Corp as Baird's
      number 1 contributor. If you can recall Weyerhaeuser board of
      directors member
      Robert J. Herbold is listed as the Retired Chief Operating Officer
      Microsoft at
      We Googled Weyerhaeuser board of directors member Richard Sinkfield
      and came up with
      Richard Sinkfield Director at
      Weyerhaeuser Company
      Federal Way, Washington
      Director since 1993 64 years old
      Richard H. Sinkfield, 64, a director of the Company since 1993, is a
      senior partner in the law firm of Rogers & Hardin in Atlanta,
      Georgia, and has been a partner in the firm since 1976. He was a
      director of United Auto Group, Inc. (automobile retailer) from 1993
      to 1999 and its executive vice president and chief administrative
      officer from 1997 to 1999. He was a director of Central Parking
      Corporation from 2000 to February 2005"
      We also found a
      Richard Sinkfield Contribution List in 2004 at
      which included the following:
      Sinkfield, Richard H III
      20002 Rogers & Harden/Attorney $250 07/12/2004 JOHN KERRY FOR
      PRESIDENT INC - Democrat
      Sinkfield, Richard III
      20002 Rogers & Harden/Attorney $250 12/02/2003 DEAN FOR AMERICA -
      Sinkfield, Richard
      30315 Rogers & Hardin LLP Atlanta GA/Atto $250 09/25/2003 EDWARDS
      FOR PRESIDENT - Democrat
      Sinkfield, Richard
      30315 Rogers & Hardin LLP Atlanta GA/Atto $250 09/25/2003 EDWARDS
      FOR PRESIDENT - Democrat
      we wonder if it is the same person described at
      in some material on Representative Georganna Sinkfield
      HD 60 (D-Atlanta)
      which states that "Representative Georganna T. Sinkfield...
      her husband, Richard Sinkfield..." but we do not know if it is the
      same person or not.
      We Googled Weyerhaeuser board of directors member D. Michael
      Steuert and found
      D. Michael Steuert is senior vice president and chief financial
      officer of Fluor Corporation, where he is responsible for
      implementing successful global financial processes.
      Prior to joining Fluor in 2001, Steuert served as senior vice
      president and chief financial officer of Litton Industries Inc.,
      where he created and managed a variety of corporate initiatives
      leading to a significant improvement in shareholder value. Prior to
      joining Litton, Steuert served as senior vice president of GenCorp
      Inc., a diversified automotive, specialty chemicals and aerospace
      Steuert earned both bachelor's and master's degrees from Carnegie
      Mellon University and has completed post graduate training at
      Harvard University and the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton
      School of Business.
      Active in a variety of professional and civic organizations, Steuert
      serves as a trustee for ProLogis, a leading provider of distribution
      facilities and services. He has served as president of the Board of
      Trustees of the Mental Health Association of Summit County in Ohio,
      regional director of the Financial Executives Institute, and as a
      member of the Leadership Akron Alumni. He is a director of
      Weyerhaeuser Company." at
      The description of Fluor below is from
      "Fluor began as Fluor Construction Company in 1912 and quickly built
      its reputation for applying innovative methods and performing
      precise engineering and construction work within the emerging
      petroleum industry. During the 1920s, Fluor developed expertise in
      the oil and gas field in process construction. Incorporated in 1924,
      the company began executing more complex engineering and
      construction projects, which continue today to be a cornerstone of
      Fluor's expertise.
      During the 1930s, the company won contracts in Texas, Indiana,
      Missouri, and Illinois that helped to establish Fluor as a major
      competitor in the refinery construction field. The 1940's war effort
      brought the company many opportunities for expansion. Even as its
      domestic workload grew, the company secured contracts for refineries
      and natural gas plants in Canada and Venezuela. Fluor's solid
      reputation as a refinery engineering firm led to the company's first
      Middle East assignment, in Saudi Arabia.
      In the early 1950s, Fluor began working with the U.S. Government
      executing contracts in the nuclear field. The company also
      contracted for U.S. Air Force work at Dhahran Air Base, Saudi
      Arabia, and for refineries in Puerto Rico. More projects followed,
      and Fluor designed and built plants for the petrochemical industry
      in Australia, Canada, Scotland, and South Africa. By the end of the
      decade, Fluor had established offices worldwide, and was a publicly
      traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. The company's
      reputation helped to win many energy-producing projects.
      In the 1960s, Fluor continued its international expansion with the
      construction of the first refinery in South Korea. The company also
      diversified into offshore drilling and mining.
      By the 1970s, the company's activities focused heavily on the
      international natural resource industries. Fluor set up subsidiaries
      and management organizations in Alaska, Europe, Indonesia, Saudi
      Arabia, and South Africa. It was during the 1970s, that Fluor
      completed work on the Alaskan pipeline and constructed the world's
      largest offshore facility. In 1977, the company acquired Daniel
      International Corporation, a leader in establishing the design-
      build, single-responsibility concept that allowed the company to
      deliver projects months ahead of schedule.
      In the 1980s, Fluor Engineers, Inc., and Daniel International became
      a single worldwide operating unit, Fluor Daniel. Although facing a
      cyclical downturn during the 80s, Fluor restructured the company to
      meet the challenges of a dramatically changed business environment,
      preparing the company for growth worldwide.
      Fluor expanded its international operations in the 1990s,
      successfully completing many petrochemical, infrastructure, and
      environmental projects in Indonesia, Venezuela, Mexico, Thailand,
      Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Poland, and Argentina. Fluor acquired ADP
      Marshall and expanded its services to the electrical,
      pharmaceutical, commercial and manufacturing industries.
      In the new millennium, Fluor successfully completed the spin-off of
      its coal business and several acquisitions to expand its services
      with the U.S. government and strengthen its operations and
      maintenance capabilities."
      We Googled Weyerhauser board of Directors member James Sullivan and
      James Sullivan Director at
      Weyerhaeuser Company
      Federal Way, Washington
      Director since 1998
      69 years old
      James N. Sullivan, 69, a director of the Company since 1998, is the
      retired vice chairman of the board of Chevron Corporation
      (international oil company) where he was a director from 1988 to
      2000. He joined Chevron in 1961, was elected a vice president in
      1983 and served as its vice chairman from 1989 to 2000."
      There's yet another oil industry connected person listed....Wonder
      what THAT means?
      SAN FRANCISCO, May 31 -- Chevron Corp. today announced that Vice
      Chairman James N. Sullivan has decided to retire Aug. 31 after a
      highly distinguished 39-year career.
      "Jim Sullivan personifies the values of integrity, partnership and
      achievement that we treasure at Chevron," said Chairman and CEO Dave
      O' Reilly. "He played a major role in shaping today's Chevron.
      During the merger with Gulf in 1984 -- then the world's largest and
      most complex business deal -- Jim helped assemble the best business
      assets of both companies and bond them together at a human level
      into something much greater than the sum of the parts.....Sullivan
      is active in numerous organizations outside of Chevron. He is a
      director of Weyerhaeuser Co., the American Petroleum
      Institute ....He is a member of the National Petroleum Refiners
      Association, the World Trade Club, http://www.worldtradeclub.net/
      the Commonwealth Club and the World Affairs Council...."
      "The World Trade Club is managed by an Executive Committee elected
      by the Board of Directors. They are assisted by a Board of Directors
      drawn from the membership of the Club. We welcome your inquiries
      about membership and activities of the Club. Please contact the
      World Trade Club office, members of the Executive Board and other
      WTC Committees, or Board of Directors.
      Mike Trail Hitachi Consulting
      Tina Farmer Microsoft Corporation" above was excerpted from
      some material found at:
      oh gosh, Microsoft AGAIN ! small world isn't it?
      we looked at
      where we found
      Bob Saldich is the current Chair of the Board of Governors.
      Robert Saldich
      President and CEO (Retired), Raychem Corporation
      now that seems interesting too
      we looked at http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/product-compint-
      where we found: Raychem Saudi Arabia Ltd
      Manufacturing: Manufacture and marketing of power and
      telecommunication cable accessories and pipe protection products
      we looked a bit further and found the material below at
      one of the most inspiring examples of genuine diversified interests
      and the way that Saudi companies can efficiently and successfully
      enter into partnerships with foreign firms is E.A. Juffali &
      Brothers. Established in 1946, the corporation began its business
      activities in the electricity, communications and cement industries.
      Soon after, Juffali moved into the field of commerce, becoming the
      sole agency within the kingdom for some of the world's largest firms
      in various sectors. From agent, Juffali later turned to
      manufacturing, producing these firms' trademark items within the
      country. Juffali purchased licenses from the original companies,
      embarking on the production and assembly of trucks, tractors, air
      conditioners, refrigerators, steel buildings, heat insulating
      materials, industrial adhesives, sinks and hard surfaces, and cable-
      welding material.
      "We created the manufacturing plants for these companies wherever it
      made sense. As well as cementing the relationship, this has served
      the purpose of transferring the technology into Saudi Arabia," says
      Sheikh Khaled Al-Juffali, the corporation's vice chairman and
      managing partner.
      The company has become involved in various collaborations, such as
      printing with Heidelberg, computers with IBM, cars and trucks with
      Mercedes-Benz, auto parts and accessories with Bosch, tires with
      Michelin, and tractors and agricultural equipment with Massey
      Ferguson. Likewise, they are working on petroleum well drilling with
      Pool, prefabricated steel building with Butler, insurance with
      Munich Reinsurance, cable welding with Raychem, medical equipment
      with Siemens, and technical equipment used in workshops with Bosch,
      among many others.
      "Progress through diversity" has been the group's motto, gaining
      strength and credit through associations with big name companies
      such as Kühne & Nagel, Ericsson, Carrier, Kelvinator, Electrolux and
      Dow Chemical among others, and pursing projects in transportation,
      telephones, air-conditioning, and chemicals. But profit is not the
      firm's sole motivator.
      "We try to do something important by creating work rather than just
      selling," says Sheikh Al-Juffali. The corporation has established a
      training center in association with several other companies,
      providing technical training for young Saudis.
      "For many years we have been advocating that the Saudi work force
      needs to be working. It has paid off, for us as well," is the vice
      chairman's view. "You have to train them. Sometimes you have to
      retrain them. But the government today has supported Saudization
      like never before by creating several avenues through which it
      subsidizes salaries, encouraging companies like ours to increase the
      percentage of Saudi staff as much as possible," he adds.
      the material above was found at material below at
      "A new Saudi-German Business Group has been formed with Khaled
      Juffali as chairman. The non-profit association, which has 12
      members to begin with - six each from the Kingdom and Germany… …'The
      group will serve the purpose of promoting bilateral business,
      cultural and social ties and also improve the image of the Kingdom
      in Germany'…"
      We also came across a rather interesting piece entitled: ISLAM AND
      IDENTITY IN GERMANY which mentioned, among others: Sheikh Khaled
      Juffali, as well as
      Thomas Pickering Former U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Russia, India,
      Israel, Jordan, El Salvador and Nigeria,George Soros Chairman,Open
      Society Institute,
      Zbigniew Brzezinski Former U.S. National Security Advisor to the
      President,(Carter),James V.
      Kimsey,Founder and Chairman Emeritus of America Online, Inc. (AOL)"
      We Googled Weyerhauser Board of Directors Member
      Charles Williamson who was listed as such at
      and came up with :
      Charles R. Williamson Named to PACCAR Board
      Business Wire, June 16, 2006
      BELLEVUE, Wash. -- Mr. Charles R. Williamson has been named to
      PACCAR Inc's (Nasdaq:PCAR) Board of Directors, effective July 1,
      2006, according to Mark C. Pigott, PACCAR chairman and chief
      executive officer.
      Charles R. Williamson was chairman and chief executive officer of
      Unocal, the California-based energy company, from 2001 until Unocal
      merged with Chevron in August 2005. He served as a director of
      Unocal from 2000 to 2005. During his excellent 28-year career with
      Unocal, he served in a variety of technical and management positions
      around the world including positions in the United Kingdom, Thailand
      and the Netherlands. Mr. Williamson was the chairman of the US-ASEAN
      Business Council from 2002-2005. He earned a Ph.D. in geology from
      the University of Texas. He is a director of the Weyerhaeuser
      Company (NYSE:WY) and Talisman Energy Inc. (NYSE:TLM).
      "PACCAR is very pleased that Mr. Williamson will be joining the
      Board. His thorough understanding of the Asian marketplace and his
      background in operations provide a strong perspective that will
      benefit PACCAR in its global growth," said Mark Pigott.
      PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and
      customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty
      trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. It also
      provides financial services and information technology and
      distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
      PACCAR shares are traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market, symbol PCAR,
      and its homepage can be found at www.paccar.com.
      so once again, there's that oil industry connection....hmmmmm
      Thomas R. Pickering
      listed above is also listed at
      as a member of the board of directors of the Council on Foreign
      Relations and as
      Vice Chairman, Hills & Company
      an item at http://www.cfr.org/bios/299/thomas_r_pickering.html
      also mentions Pickering Presiding over an event March 2, 2006 where
      the speaker was none other than:
      Speaker: Jimmy Carter, Chairman, the Carter Center; former
      President of the United States
      Presider: Thomas R. Pickering, Senior Vice President, international
      relations, the Boeing Company
      Boeing again? Interesting eh?

      Richard N. Haass is listed as President of the Council on Foreign
      Relations, (CFR), at
      David Rockefeller is listed as Honorary Chairman.
      Some other Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) Board of Directors
      listed at http://www.cfr.org/about/people/board_of_directors.html
      include: Madeleine K. Albright and
      Colin L. Powell and Christine Todd Whitman
      and Fareed Zakaria and
      Peter G. Peterson
      Chairman; Senior Chairman and Co-Founder, The Blackstone Group
      you do recall The Blackstone Group don't you?
      Laura D'Andrea Tyson
      Professor, Haas School of Business at the University of California,
      The article below is excerpted from material found at:
      "Laura Tyson, economic advisor to President Clinton, now speaking
      for the Kerry-Edwards campaign. LAURA TYSON, Kerry-Edwards Economic
      Advisor: The focus is on Two Americas. ...." source:

      "How to sell anti-semites: The Legitimization of Dubai
      By Dick Morris and Eileen McGann
      Saturday, March 24, 2007
      Bill isn't alone in legitimizing Dubai. Other Clinton pals -
      including disgraced former National Security Adviser Sandy Berger,
      ex-Secretary of State Madeline Albright and Al and Tipper Gore -
      have attended highly publicized events there. So have some
      Republicans - including former Bush Sr. Chief of Staff John
      Sununu.....Republican ex-Sen. Bob Dole and Democratic ex-Rep. Tom
      Downey lobby for Dubai; so does The Glover Park Group, home of
      Hillary Clinton spokesman
      All of this helps legitimize Dubai. And no one mentions the problem
      with Israel.
      Bill Clinton even created a Dubai Scholars Program at the American
      University in Dubai under the sponsorship of the William Jefferson
      Clinton Foundation. Laura Tyson, Clinton's chairman of the Council
      of Economic Advisers, created a similar Dubai study program at the
      University of London.
      But not everyone is blind.
      Last month the University of Connecticut correctly abandoned plans
      to open up a campus in Dubai after serious complaints about Dubai's
      state-imposed discrimination of people based on their national
      origin and religion and its documented violations of human rights.
      (For example, Human Rights Watch has said Dubai abuses tens of
      thousands of migrant workers from India and Pakistan.)
      The Clinton Foundation certainly wouldn't sponsor a program in
      America that banned Israeli students. It shouldn't sponsor one in
      Dubai, either.
      It's time to stop legitimizing an anti-Semitic state.
      Morris, a former political adviser to Sen. Trent Lott (R-Miss.) and
      President Bill Clinton, is the author of Condi vs. Hillary: The Next
      Great Presidential Race. To get all of Dick Morris's and Eileen
      McGann's columns for free by email, go to http://www.dickmorris.com
      The item excerpted from below was found at:
      "In 1974 as well as 1992, candidate Clinton has actually embraced
      powerful corporate interests and much of their agenda despite his
      rhetoric against them. When Clinton ran for Congress in 1974, the
      largest employer in the Third District of Arkansas was Tyson Foods,
      based in Springdale, which was well on its way to becoming the
      nation's largest poultry producer. In 1995, Tyson Foods
      ranked "110th on the Fortune 500 list, and sold 6,000 products in 57
      countries, from fresh chickens to taco fillings," according to an
      August 1994 company profile in The New York Times.
      The chairman, Don Tyson, is a colorful figure who in the late 1970s
      designed his corporate office as a replica of the Oval Office in the
      White House, with doorknobs shaped like chicken eggs. Tyson was
      estimated to be worth $800 million. He supported Clinton in the 1974
      race, and according to author David Maraniss, the Tyson family
      donated a campaign telephone bank which was operated from an
      apartment near the University of Arkansas, although it should be
      noted that no such "in-kind" contribution was reported by the
      campaign to the Federal Election Commission. Clinton never talked
      much about the company itself publicly, but instead spoke
      empathetically about the plight of chicken farmers.
      The Tyson-Clinton relationship continued in Washington, of course,
      and it grew out of a special culture. Probably no one has better
      captured the real essence of the political-financial nexus in
      Arkansas than journalist Michael Kelly, who wrote that Arkansas "has
      been ruled for almost all of its existence, and is largely ruled
      still, by a thin upper crust of Democratic party officials and
      Democratic legislative leaders and important landholders and
      "This elite, bound together not by party or even ideology but by
      mutually advantageous relationships, holds sway over a small and
      politically disorganized middle class and a large but well-beaten
      population of the poor....
      To the masses, Clinton was portraying himself as an outsider to the
      seat of power and government. By contrast, in a study about the
      presidential candidates and their campaign advisers issued a week
      after the 1992 New Hampshire primary, the Center for Public
      Integrity discovered that more than half of Clinton's unpaid
      campaign advisers were from "inside the Beltway" of Washington. No
      fewer than six advisers came from the DLC or PPI. During their "day
      jobs," several of Clinton's unpaid policy advisers got handsome fees
      from foreign corporations and governments, tobacco companies, the
      insurance industry, oil and gas firms, investment banks and other
      business interests.
      Judging from the people around him it was plain to see that
      candidate Clinton was continuing the bipartisan Washington practice
      of putting lobbyists first. According to the Center for Responsive
      Politics, lawyers and lobbyists were Clinton's biggest campaign
      contributors in 1992, donating $3.1 million.
      Banking and financial interests were not bashful about supporting
      the Arkansas governor. In 1992, candidate Clinton received at least
      $853,295 in campaign contributions from the financial sector,
      according to the Center for Responsive Politics.
      Servicing Business
      The Clinton Administration has pursued and serviced the American
      business community more aggressively and more systematically than
      any previous administration. Clinton assiduously courted corporate
      support for his economic program after he arrived at 1600
      Pennsylvania Avenue....."
      Honest John Edwards Or Is It Jon Edwards A Member of The Terrible
      While Edwards is the main topic of this piece we also discuss the
      other two members of the Terrible Trio, Hillary Rodham Clinton and
      Barack Hussein Obama.
      How Honest IS Honest John Edwards?
      Or is it Jon Edwards?
      We are never quite sure of anything with Edwards. So, our first
      question is: Is it Jon Edwards or John Edwards? If anyone knows the
      answer to that one please post it.
      We start off with a little blurb on Edwards below:
      "May 18, 2007, c.e. Edwards's Hedge-Fund Tie Hurts Populist Campaign
      John Harwood reports from the Wall Street Journal's Capital Bureau.
      HEDGE-FUND MONEY fattens Edwards's wallet but hurts populist message.
      The Democratic presidential candidate's $1.7 million in pay and
      investment income from Fortress Investment Group gives target for
      rivals after his campaign emphasis on poverty. Edwards has explained
      Fortress affiliation as part of effort to learn about financial
      "What will get him in trouble is not the amount but rationales that
      seem false and weaselly to the voters," says Democratic pollster
      Geoff Garin. Edwards's campaign says he paid regular personal-income-
      tax rates on his $479,512 salary, not preferential "carried
      interest" rates some hedge-fund principals use.
      Of $29.5 million in assets Edwards reported to FEC, aides say
      investments in Fortress represent $16.1 million.
      John Edwards for President "
      OK, so who is Fortress Investment Group ? http://www.fortressinv.com/
      "Fortress Investment Group is a leading global alternative asset
      manager with approximately $36 billion in assets under management as
      of March 31, 2007. Fortress is headquartered in New York and has
      affiliates with offices in Dallas, Frankfurt, Geneva, Hong Kong,
      London, Los Angeles, Rome, San Diego, Sydney and Toronto.
      Fortress was founded in 1998 as an asset-based investment management
      firm with a fundamental philosophy premised on its alignment of
      interests with the investors in its funds. Fortress raises, invests
      and manages private equity funds, hedge funds and publicly traded
      alternative investment vehicles. Fortress intends to grow its
      existing businesses, while continuing to create innovative products
      to meet the increasing demand by sophisticated investors for
      superior risk-adjusted investment returns.....
      Wesley R. Edens
      Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Directors
      Mr. Edens is the Chairman of the board of directors and the Chief
      Executive Officer of Fortress Investment Group LLC. Mr. Edens has
      been a principal and the Chairman of the Management Committee of
      Fortress since co-founding the Company in May 1998. Mr. Edens is
      responsible for the Fortress private equity and publicly traded
      alternative investment businesses. He is also the Chairman of the
      board of directors of each of Aircastle Limited, Brookdale Senior
      Living Inc., Eurocastle Investment Limited, GateHouse Media, Inc.,
      Mapeley Limited and Newcastle Investment Corp. and a director of
      Crown Castle International Corp. and GAGFAH S.A. Mr. Edens served as
      the Chief Executive Officer of Newcastle Investment Corp. since
      inception until February 2007. Mr. Edens was the Chief Executive
      Officer of Global Signal Inc. from February 2004 to April 2006 and
      the Chairman of the board of directors from October 2002 to January
      2007. Mr. Edens serves in various capacities in the following five
      registered investment companies: Chairman, Chief Executive Officer
      and Trustee of Fortress Registered Investment Trust and Fortress
      Investment Trust II; Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of
      Fortress Brookdale Investment Fund LLC and Fortress Pinnacle
      Investment Fund LLC and Chief Executive Officer of RIC Coinvestment
      Fund GP LLC. Prior to forming Fortress, Mr. Edens was a partner and
      a managing director of BlackRock Financial Management Inc., where he
      headed BlackRock Asset Investors, a private equity fund. In
      addition, Mr. Edens was formerly a partner and a managing director
      of Lehman Brothers. Mr. Edens received a B.S. in Finance from Oregon
      State University."
      We were curious about those firms so we did a little research on
      them and came up with:
      "Prison Realty Announces Restructuring Led By Fortress And
      Investor Group
      $350 Million Preferred Issue to Complement New $1.2 Billion Credit
      Facility; Company to Terminate REIT Status, Convert to Taxable
      Subchapter C Structure; New Management to Be Installed
      and New Board to Be Created NASHVILLE, Tenn., Dec.
      27 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of Prison Realty Trust,
      Inc. (NYSE: PZN), today announced a comprehensive strategic
      restructuring program designed to reposition the company by
      strengthening its financial position, simplifying its corporate
      structure and creating a new management team and board of
      As part of the program, which requires shareholder
      approval, the company said an Investor Group led by an affiliate of
      Fortress Investment Group LLC and affiliates of The Blackstone
      Group, together with an affiliate of Bank of America, would
      purchase $315 million in securities at closing and commit to
      purchase an additional $35 million in securities (for a total of up
      to $350 million) in a newly configured company that would be
      created through the merger of Prison Realty and the companies
      collectively operating under the name Corrections Corporation of
      Existing Prison Realty shareholders would be offered
      the opportunity, through a rights offering, to "co-invest" up to
      $75 million with the Investor Group and to receive preferred stock
      and warrants with terms identical to the securities being purchased
      by the Investor Group (with the exception of certain types of
      voting rights).
      The Investor Group has agreed to acquire those
      securities and warrants not subscribed for by current shareholders
      to ensure the $350 million total. The combined company, which
      would operate under the Corrections Corporation of America name, is
      expected to be a taxable subchapter C corporation, as Prison Realty
      would terminate its status as a REIT, in connection with the
      restructuring. As part of the combination with CCA, outside, or
      non-management, shareholders of CCA will receive cash equal to
      their original investment. Management and other employees of CCA
      will receive shares of the new public company in exchange for their
      interest. The per share value to be received by them is
      approximately 40% of the per share value received by the outside
      shareholders, and their shares will be subject to certain vesting
      and lock up provisions.
      The transaction, upon completion, will
      have the effect of eliminating liquidity concerns of CCA, Prison
      Realty's primary tenant.
      "This is a highly focused, decisive action on behalf of this
      company," said Joseph V. Russell, Chairman
      of the Special Committee of the Board of Directors, which was
      created in August 1999 to identify a strategic investor to invest
      in Prison Realty and to review the company's financial alternatives
      and organizational structure.
      "We are returning this company to the
      corporate structure under which it achieved its greatest growth and
      success and through which it became the leading company in the
      private prison industry."
      "Importantly, we also believe the new
      credit facility and the investment by Fortress and Blackstone, will
      ensure that the company has the financial resources to prosper.
      Finally, as part of the restructuring, our new investors and we
      have concluded that meaningful changes are necessary in the
      composition of our management team and in the creation of a new
      Board of Directors. These actions directly address the Company's
      desire to re- establish credibility with shareholders and with the
      financial community."
      Additionally, the company announced that,
      pending shareholder approval of the transaction, no further
      dividends of any kind would be paid on its common stock.
      Management Changes As part of the restructuring, the Special
      Committee announced that Doctor R. Crants, Chairman and Chief
      Executive Officer of Prison Realty, would resign as CEO upon
      closing of the transaction. In addition, he is stepping down as
      Chairman, effective immediately.
      Following his resignation, Mr.
      Crants will be named to the non-executive position of Vice Chairman
      of the company and will serve as an advisor to the Board.
      Thomas W. Beasley, the former Chairman of the Board and one of
      three founders, along with Mr. Crants, of the original company in
      1983, will assume the position of Interim Chairman immediately and
      interim Chief Executive Officer following the closing of the
      transaction. J. Michael Quinlan will remain as President and Chief
      Operating Officer of CCA and will also serve as Interim President
      of Prison Realty, replacing D. Robert Crants, III, who also has
      resigned effective immediately.
      In addition, Mr. Beasley, along
      with Fortress and Blackstone, will oversee a nationwide search for
      a new Chief Executive Officer and a new Chief Financial Officer for
      the combined company.
      Financing Arranged upon completion
      of the restructuring, the combined company will have a $1.2 billion
      new term loan and revolving credit facility from a group led by
      Credit Suisse First Boston and Lehman Brothers. The facility would
      replace Prison Realty's existing $1 billion credit facility.
      In addition, up to $350 million will be generated from the sale of a
      new issue of 12% cumulative convertible preferred stock and
      warrants, primarily to the Investor Group.
      The new issue would be
      convertible into the combined company's common stock at a price of
      $6.50 per share and the warrants would be exercisable at $7.50 per
      share. Depending on the degree to which existing shareholders
      participate in the rights offering, the Investor Group would own
      approximately 20% to 25% of the combined company and warrants to
      purchase between 11% and 14% of the combined company's common
      stock, on a fully diluted basis. Proceeds from the debt and
      equity financings will be used to refinance the company's existing
      bank debt and to provide capital to fund the company's continued
      growth. "We are extremely pleased with this important
      restructuring," stated Mr. Beasley.
      "The new credit facility is
      not only larger than the one it replaces, it also has more
      favorable terms, reflecting the lending community's renewed
      confidence in CCA. "In addition to providing a sizable infusion
      of new equity capital, our Board of Directors -- and the daily
      operation of our company -- will be enhanced by the active
      involvement of two of the nation's most successful investment
      We view these as positive steps and we are looking forward
      to working closely with our new partners." "This transaction is
      intended to position CCA once again as a growth company with
      tremendous prospects and re-establish transparency to shareholders
      regarding the fundamental strength of CCA's business. Our belief
      is that a greatly simplified and more efficient capital structure
      will allow the company to fund future growth internally and will
      assist the company in maximizing shareholder value," said Wesley R.
      Edens, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Fortress. Added
      Thomas J. Saylak, Senior Managing Director of The Blackstone
      Group, "CCA is the market leader in a growing industry. We believe
      this capital infusion and CCA's new corporate structure will allow
      the company to realize enhanced financial flexibility to maximize
      growth prospects.
      Over time, we believe this new direction will
      be recognized and rewarded by investors." Board of
      Directors As part of the restructuring, the new CCA would have
      a 10-person Board of Directors. Four persons would represent the
      Investor Group, and four persons, including Mr. Beasley, Mr.
      Russell, and Jean-Pierre Cuny, would be drawn from the existing
      Prison Realty Board. Two new independent directors, subject to the
      approval of the Investor Group and the current board, also would be
      In addition to being subject to
      the approval of Prison Realty's shareholders, the transaction is
      subject to certain financial and non- financial conditions, which
      the company expects to be satisfied prior to the closing. The
      transaction will also require customary regulatory review. It is
      expected that the shareholder vote would take place in March or
      April 2000, and that the transaction would close in the second
      quarter of 2000.
      About the Companies Prison Realty's
      business is the ownership of correctional and detention
      facilities. The company provides financing, design, construction
      and renovation of new and existing jails and prisons that it leases
      to both private and governmental managers. At September 30, 1999,
      the company owned, or was in the process of developing, 51
      correctional and detention facilities, of which 40 facilities were
      operating, eight were under construction or expansion and three
      were in the planning stages.
      At September 30, 1999, CCA leased 32
      facilities from the company, government agencies leased five
      facilities, and private operators leased three facilities.
      Fortress Investment Group LLC is a real estate investment and asset
      management company with headquarters in New York City. Fortress was
      founded in April 1998 by a group of senior professionals led by
      Wesley R. Edens. Fortress manages approximately $760 million of
      private equity, and invests primarily in undervalued real estate-
      related assets and companies on a domestic and international
      The Blackstone Group is a private investment bank in New
      York City. It was founded in 1985 by its Chairman, Peter G.
      Peterson, and its President and CEO, Stephen A. Schwarzman.
      Blackstone is engaged in six business areas including Corporate
      Principal Investing, Private Equity Real Estate Investing, Mergers
      and Acquisition Advisory, Restructuring and Reorganization
      Advisory, Private Mezzanine Investing, and Liquid Alternative Asset
      Investing. Merrill Lynch & Co. acted as advisor to the Board of
      Directors and Special Committee of Prison Realty, as well as the
      Board of Directors of CCA.
      Disclaimer on Forward Looking
      Statements This news release contains statements that are
      forward looking, including statements relating to the amount and
      timing of the proposed offering transactions. These statements are
      not projections or assured results. Actual results may differ
      materially from the results anticipated in the forward looking
      statements due to a variety of factors, including but not limited
      to, changing market conditions.
      Additional factors will be
      described in the company's filings with the SEC. The company does
      not undertake an obligation to update its forward-looking
      statements to reflect future events or circumstances. Accordingly,
      individuals should not place undue reliance on such
      statements. Note: The company will schedule a conference call
      with analysts and the media the week of January 3 to further
      discuss the transaction.
      SOURCE Prison Realty Trust, Inc."
      So let us get this straight, If we follow the money of Honest John?
      or is it Jon? Edwards?
      "Of $29.5 million in assets Edwards reported to FEC, aides say
      investments in Fortress represent $16.1 million." Seems like a
      pretty big chunk to us.
      And Fortress is involved with Prison Realty per the material above.
      And Edwards, let's forget about whatever his first name actually
      turns out to be, Edwards wants to be President of the United States.
      In that job Edwards could really influence a lot of things,
      including, for instance things affecting prisons. Hmmmm? Did anyone
      say "conflict of interest"?
      Now let's take a little look at a few other things:
      Wesley R. Edens
      Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Directors and
      the Chief Executive Officer of Fortress Investment Group LLC is also
      the Chairman of the board of directors of each of Aircastle Limited,
      aircastle clients
      › Aerosvit
      › Aigle Azur
      › Air Canada
      › Air India
      › Air Italy
      › Air One
      › Air Europa
      › Air Sahara
      › British Airways
      › Capital Aviation Services
      › China Eastern
      › Excel Airways
      › Futura
      › GOL
      › Hainan
      › Icelandair
      › Jet Airways
      › KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
      › Korean Air
      › Lan Chile
      › LOT
      › Lotus Air
      › Magnicharters
      › Malaysian Airlines
      › Martinair
      › Monarch Airlines
      › SAS Braathens
      › Sibir
      › Skyservice Airlines
      › SN Brussels
      › Southwest Airlines
      › SriLankan
      › Sterling Airlines
      › Swiss International
      › TAM
      › Thomsonfly
      › TUI AG
      › Turk Hava Yollari
      › Ukraine International
      › US Airways
      As President of the United States Edwards could affect a lot of
      things, including American
      relations with the nations that run some of those airlines. There's
      that "conflict of interest"
      phrase again.
      Fortress Investment Group LLC's Mr. Edens is also the Chairman of
      the board of directors of
      Brookdale Senior Living Inc. Hmmmm, wouldn't the President of the
      United States be able to affect policy concerning senior citizens?
      Say regarding Health Care and Social Security for starters? There's
      that "conflict of interest" phrase again.
      Fortress Investment Group
      LLC's Mr. Edens is also the Chairman of the board of directors of
      Eurocastle Investment Limited
      "Eurocastle Investment Limited is a
      Euro denominated Guernsey closed-end investment company that invests
      in and manages a diverse portfolio consisting primarily of German
      commercial real estate assets. Eurocastle is traded on Euronext
      Amsterdam Exchange under ticker symbol "ECT". The Company is managed
      by an affiliate of Fortress Investment Group LLC." Ah ha! As
      President of the United States
      Edwards could sure affect things like U.S.- German relations, which
      in turn could impact on the value of those assets. There's
      that "confict of interest" phrase again.

      Fortress Investment Group LLC's Mr. Edens is also the Chairman of the
      board of directors of GateHouse Media, Inc.
      "GateHouse Media, Inc., headquartered in Fairport, New York, is one
      of the largest publishers of locally based print and online media.
      GateHouse Media currently serves local audiences of more than 10
      million per week across 20 states through hundreds of community
      publications and local websites.
      GateHouse Media is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the
      symbol "GHS."
      Ahh! The better to get you nominated, elected, and re-elected, with
      nary a peep about
      "conflict of interest" to be read by our truly well-informed
      electorate, Honest John? or is it Honest Jon? Edwards?
      "More than 70 percent of our daily newspapers have been published
      for more than 100 years and 93 percent have been published for more
      than 50 years. If you click the headline above, you can view a list
      of all of our daily newspapers and click through to the detail page
      for each individual publication."
      Fortress Investment Group LLC's Mr. Edens is also the Chairman of
      the board of directors of Mapeley Limited
      http://www.mapeley.com/ "Mr Edens, the Chairman may not be regarded
      as `independent' since he is the Chairman of Fortress Investment
      Trust which has a controlling interest in the Company."
      Mapeley was formed in 1999 to invest in UK real estate leased to
      high quality tenants, initially by capitalising on the growing trend
      of UK government and corporate occupiers of selling property
      portfolios and outsourcing the management of their leasehold
      Mapeley's first two major acquisitions were Abbey National's UK
      occupational portfolio (2000) and the HMRC portfolio (2001) - the
      portfolio of the departments of the Inland Revenue, HM Customs &
      Excise, and Valuation Office Agency.
      In 2004 Mapeley made its first direct property investment and has
      since then acquired properties at a cost of approximately £840
      In March 2006, Mapeley w<br/><br/>(Message over 64 KB, truncated)