The 9th World Haiku Festival

  • Gabi for Worldkigo
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2007
      The 9th World Haiku Festival
      WHFindia 08

      Bangalore, February 2008

      Dear All,

      vast is the ocean of sacred words
      which enlightens the universe
      with divine vision

      Rigveda 1.3.12

      We, The World Haiku Club India, are nurturing dreams of holding The
      9th WORLD HAIKU FESTIVAL in INDIA.

      We propose to have a three-day festival – on 23rd, 24th and 25th of
      February 08 at H H Sri Sri Ravi Shankarji's The Art Of Living Ashram
      at Bangalore, the Garden city of India

      India, a land of cultural and deep-rooted traditions has known haiku
      from the time of Sri. Rabindranath Tagore. Unfortunately, it is now
      relatively unknown as a practicing form of poetry and children in
      schools and colleges hardly know the existence of this nature /
      season's poetry! One of the aims of holding this World Haiku Festival
      in India is to create an opportunity to get to know the poets of the
      world and to build awareness for this ancient form of poetry in our
      country.

      We are expecting that a festival of this kind would stir-up a lot of
      interest both in the minds of Japanese haiku poets as well as haiku
      poets world over – for haiku is deeply entrenched in the `present
      moment' – riding on the lines of Zen which as you all know, has its
      roots in Buddhism, which traces its roots to Vedanta.

      We are in the process of crystallizing the three days event, the time
      we would be together. But I felt that I needed to inform you well in
      advance so that you could plan out your trip to India. Bangalore is
      known for its temples and its scenic beauty and if you have the time
      and the inclination, then the Taj Mahal and the Buddhist places of
      interest can definitely be included in your itinerary!

      We have the Buddhist caves of Ajanta and Ellora, close to Bombay. We
      can suggest a good reliable travel agent for your sight seeing
      covering the Taj and Agra, Delhi and Rajasthan.

      February is a good time to be in India, the weather would be most
      congenial and pleasant. Aditya the Sun God, would be his most
      friendly self!

      I am looking forward to hearing a positive reply from you.

      For any further details,
      please contact me at kalaramesh8@...

      In haiku friendship,
      Kala Ramesh