Re: Unknown Chinese coin

  • Zdravko
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 10, 2012
      Hello Robert
      I think it is medal not coin.

      --- In worldcoingallery@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <robk6913@...> wrote:

      > Can anyone help me identify this coin/token? I recieved it in a large coin lot that I purchased and it is the only coin that I can't identify. Any information that anyone can provide would be appreciated. Thank you.
      >
      > Robert Knapp

    • Shawn
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 11, 2012
        It is not a coin only a medallion for one of the emperors. Dollar shop stuff.

        Shawn

        --- In worldcoingallery@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <robk6913@...> wrote:

        > Can anyone help me identify this coin/token? I recieved it in a large coin lot that I purchased and it is the only coin that I can't identify. Any information that anyone can provide would be appreciated. Thank you.
        >
        > Robert Knapp

      • Daniel
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 11, 2012
          Robert,
          I believe that it is a fantasy coin. Check this out:
          http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=59592

          The emperor on that coin is Yongzheng (1723-1735)

          -Daniel

          --- In worldcoingallery@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <robk6913@...> wrote:

          > Can anyone help me identify this coin/token? I recieved it in a large coin lot that I purchased and it is the only coin that I can't identify. Any information that anyone can provide would be appreciated. Thank you.
          >
          > Robert Knapp

        • Robert Knapp
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 11, 2012
            Thank you for the information everyone.

            Robert

            I believe that it is a fantasy coin. Check this out:
            http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=59592

            The emperor on that coin is Yongzheng (1723-1735)

            -Daniel

            --- In worldcoingallery@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <robk6913@...> wrote:

            > Can anyone help me identify this coin/token? I recieved it in a large coin lot that I purchased and it is the only coin that I can't identify. Any information that anyone can provide would be appreciated. Thank you.
            >
            > Robert Knapp

          • Col Suresh Bagga
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 11, 2012
              Hello Robert,
              A set of twelve token have been issued, highlighting 12 Emperors, from 1616 to 1911. I purchased the album with all tokens (38 mm.) with description about each emperor.
              Your token has this information:

              Emperor Yongzhen Ai Xin Jue LuoYin Zhen  (born 1678 - died 1735)
              "As the fourth son of Emperor Kangxi, he inherited the throne when he was  45 years old, his reign lasted for 13 years during which he had dismissed and killed many courtiers of the late reign to tighten up the rule of autocratic monarchy. He had signed two border agreements with Russia and suppressed the uprising in Qinghai and Mongolia. He died a sudden death with some mysterious legends when he was 57 years old."

              Col Suresh Bagga
              India