Re: [world_peace_movement] Red Alarm!!! about 40% boys & girls are losing chastity before marriage

  • Abdullah Saikat
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 22, 2008
      what about religious perspective on this topic?
      As said by my earlier replier, 'Life is too short'.
      So why not focus on something fruitful like praying
      instead of so called 'Enjoying'?

      I think we should spread the words that dictate the punishment
      of such an act and also we should spread the words that dictate
      the reward of NOT performing such an act.

      If the desire to achieve the reward as well as the fear of being
      punished still doesn't change the motive of the mass people,
      then sit back, relax and lets stop the whole conversation on the
      topic.

      Kazi Abdullah Saikat

      From: Abu Ahasan <samabeto007@ yahoo.com>
      To: world_peace_ movement@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, October 20, 2008, 3:15 PM

      Chowdhury Hossain Khan cool down and why dont u chill out buddy! take some rests. You got too worried about the country. Let young folks have fun. and u buddy, don't deprive yourself too.

      From: M. Kareem <kareem871@yahoo. com>
      To: world_peace_ movement@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, October 19, 2008, 7:06 AM

      I think the numbers reported in your mail are way overboard. This is not to suggest that promiscuity is absent in our society.

      Do you have a source that can be verified for these numbers or are these simply a matter of conjecture on your part? Kindly elaborate.

      Thanks,

      Reza

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 22, 2008
        Capitalism has degrated human being into animalistic level & your statement is not surprising at all where your name has been changed from Sazzad Hossain to SH,
        there is no value for anything like social values, customs, belief, religion & knowledge,
        only value capitalism helps to carry is for money, self enjoyment & freedom,
        but in fact you are really not free cause your thinking is also by product of the capitalist thinking & they are using you people as product to earn money & you people are nothing but a product like Tokta & Perek.

        Let not understand the truth so late when there will be no time &
        real life will start from that point.

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 23, 2008
          as salam alikum,

          Mail correspondence on the above Subject is becoming very nasty, mean, Naked. Are these mail coming from the time of Ignorance (Jaheliya)? Is the RED ALARM for the boy and girls or for the society or its alarming for our Emaan & action. We are mixing up haram & halal!

          WHO DO YOU WORSHIP?
          Are you Muslim? Do  you really believe in Allah & His Messenger and the day of Akhirat?
          A muslim must follow What Allah (swt) reveled for us, we must know What has prescirbed in the  social system of Islam.

          here are some verses of Holy Quran on the above issue for your information and action:
          Sura Maaidah: Verse 5
          Sura Imran: ////;Verse: 135
          Sura Nisa :Versre 25
          Sura Anam: Verse 151
          Sura Furquan: Verse :68

          "THAT IS WITHOUT DOUBT OF THE TRUE DAY, SO WHOEVER WILLS LET HIM SEEK A PLACE (OR A WAY TO ) HIS LORD (BY OBEYING HIM IN THIS WORLDLY LIFE)" Sura Naba : verse 39

          Limits and Punishments set by Allah (Hudood)

          Volume 8, Book 81, Number 763:

          Narrated Abu Huraira:

          Allah's Apostle said, "When an adulterer commits illegal sexual intercourse, then he is not a believer at the time he is doing it; and when somebody drinks an alcoholic drink, then he is not believer at the time of drinking, and when a thief steals, he is not a believer at the time when he is stealing; and when a robber robs and the people look at him, then he is not a believer at the time of doing it." Abu Huraira in another narration, narrated the same from the Prophet with the exclusion of robbery.

          My request you to stop writing on this issue and search the right way of living.
          NO MORE CORRESPONDECE ON THIS ISSUE.

          Ma'salam

[...]

        • Mohammad Shafiullah
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 24, 2008

            mr. Bojjat(u r not eligible to be called sajjad)

            Please, maintain ur decency and U HAVE NO IDEA what actually brings peace to life. so, SHUT UR MOUTH UP, otherwise, cut your name from Muslims community.

            Mr. Bojjad, the BLACK SHEEP, I HAVE SERIOUS DOUBT ABOUT THE LEGITIMACY OF UR BIRTH.

            TAKE CARE OF URSELF ND MAKE TAWBAH

            U r no FAR TO b REACHed and  IF U CONTINUE FURTHER WITH UR WAYWARD WORDINGS ND DOG LIKE LIFESTYLE, u will face serious consequence.

[...]

          • Md. Mizanur Rahman
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 26, 2008

              Hope the bellow write-up by an American woman is the remedy for Mr. Sajjad, Mr. Abu Ahsan and like-mindeds who probably don't mind if their own sisters and mothers are part of that fun!!

              In the name of Allah, the beneficent, the merciful.

              Why I shed bikini for Niqab

              By Sara Bokker (a former actress/model/fitness instructor and activist)

              I AM an American woman who was born in the midst of America's "Heartland." I grew up, just like any other girl, being fixated with the glamour of life in "the big city." Eventually, I moved to Florida and on to South Beach of Miami, a hotspot for those seeking the "glamorous life." Naturally, I did what most average Western girls do. I focused on my appearance and appeal, basing my self-worth on how much attention I got from others. I worked out religiously and became a personal trainer, acquired an upscale waterfront residence, became a regular "exhibiting" beach-goer and was able to attain a "living-in-style" kind of life.

              Years went by, only to realize that my scale of self-fulfillment and happiness slid down the more I progressed in my "feminine appeal." I was a slave to fashion. I was a hostage to my looks.

              As the gap continued to progressively widen between my self-fulfillment and lifestyle, I sought refuge in escapes from alcohol and parties to meditation, activism, and alternative religions, only to have the little gap widen to what seemed like a valley. I eventually realized it all was merely a pain killer rather than an effective remedy.

              By now it was Sept. 11, 2001. As I witnessed the ensuing barrage on Islam, Islamic values and culture, and the infamous declaration of the "new crusade," I started to notice something called Islam. Up until that point, all I had associated with Islam was women covered in "tents," wife beaters, harems, and a world of terrorism. As a feminist libertarian, and an activist, I was pursuing a better world for all.

              One day I came across a book that is negatively stereotyped in the West – The Noble Qur'an. I was first attracted by the style and approach of the Qur'an, and then intrigued by its outlook on existence, life, creation, and the relationship between Creator and creation. I found the Qur'an to be a very insightful address to heart and soul without the need for an interpreter or pastor.

              Eventually I hit a moment of truth: my new-found self-fulfilling activism was nothing more than merely embracing a faith called Islam where I could live in peace as a "functional" Muslim.

              I bought a beautiful long gown and head cover resembling the Muslim woman's dress code and I walked down the same streets and neighborhoods where only days earlier I had walked in my shorts, bikini, or "elegant" Western business attire.

              Although the people, the faces, and the shops were all the same, one thing was remarkably distinct – I was not – nor was the peace at being a woman I experienced for the very first time. I felt as if the chains had been broken and I was finally free. I was delighted with the new looks of wonder on people's faces in place of the looks of a hunter watching his prey I had once sought. Suddenly a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Finally, I was free.

              Of all places, I found my Islam at the heart of what some call "the most scandalous place on earth," which makes it all the more dear and special.

              While content with Hijab I became curious about Niqab, seeing an increasing number of Muslim women in it. I asked my Muslim husband, whom I married after I reverted to Islam, whether I should wear Niqab or just settle for the Hijab I was already wearing. My husband simply advised me that he believes Hijab is mandatory in Islam while Niqab is not. At the time, my Hijab consisted of head scarf that covered all my hair except for my face, and a loose long black gown called "Abaya" that covered all my body from neck to toe.

              A year-and-a-half passed, and I told my husband I wanted to wear Niqab. My reason, this time, was that I felt it would be more pleasing to Allah, the Creator, increasing my feeling of peace at being more modest.

              He supported my decision and took me to buy an "Isdaal," a loose black gown that covers from head to toe, and Niqab, which covers all my head and face except for my eyes. Soon enough, news started breaking about politicians, Vatican clergymen, libertarians, and so-called human rights and freedom activists condemning Hijab at times, and Niqab at others as being oppressive to women, an obstacle to social integration, and more recently, as an Egyptian official called it – "a sign of backwardness."

              I find it to be a blatant hypocrisy when Western governments and so-called human rights groups rush to defend woman's rights when some governments impose a certain dress code on women, yet such "freedom fighters" look the other way when women are being deprived of their rights, work, and education just because they choose to exercise their right to wear Niqab or Hijab.

              Today I am still a feminist, but a Muslim feminist, who calls on Muslim women to assume their responsibilities in providing all the support they can for their husbands to be good Muslims. To raise their children as upright Muslims so they may be beacons of light for all humanity once again. To enjoin good – any good – and to forbid evil – any evil. To speak righteousness and to speak up against all ills. To fight for our right to wear Niqab or Hijab and to please our Creator whichever way we chose. But just as importantly to carry our experience with Niqab or Hijab to fellow women who may never have had such a chance.

              Most of the women I know wearing Niqab are Western reverts, some of whom are not even married. Others wear Niqab without full support of either family or surroundings. What we all have in common is that it is the personal choice of each and every one of us, which none of us is willing to surrender.

              Willingly or unwillingly, women are bombarded with styles of "dressing-in-little-to-nothing" virtually in every means of communication everywhere in the world.

              As an ex non-Muslim, I insist on women's right to equally know about Hijab, its virtues, and the peace and happiness it brings to a woman's life as it did to mine. Yesterday, the bikini was the symbol of my liberty, when in actuality it only liberated me from my spirituality and true value as a respectable human being.

              Today, Niqab is the new symbol of woman's liberation.

              To women who surrender to the ugly stereotype against the Islamic modesty of Hijab, I say: You don't know what you are missing.

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 27, 2008
                jazakallah khair.

                Hope its a learning lesson for e-group.

                May Allah guide us to the right path.

                Ma salam

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 28, 2008
                  You are requested to carry on a secrete survey on varsity hostels of
                  capital Dhaka, just expending one month about the authenticity of the
                  percentage mentioned in my previous e-mail.

                  The students’ prostitution is encouraged by the corporate business,
                  foreign buyers of garments in the name of modeling, acting on
                  electronic media & film industry, beauty contest, talent search etc.

                  However, I am sure that you will find the matter more severe than I
                  have mentioned.

                  Thanks,

                  Chowdhury Hossain Khan
                  Thinker, Human Rights & Peace Worker