Who is God?

  • B.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2013
      Who is God?

      Who is God to you?
      Some might say anyone, or any power that is greater than they are. Some might say the forces of nature, or a Spiritual Nature, outside our time or even space.

      In our recorded history, a master or ruler has usually taken the place of God, or declared by religious leaders or Royalty, or Dictators in power. Their laws are not often in the best interest of the ruled.

      Humans, by nature, prefer to live with an equal say, and like leaders who support equal justice and equal opportunity. Such is the universal Golden Rule, which grows from the heart.

      We are happiest when we love others as we love ourselves. This kind of Universal law of caring, can be found in the earliest of our religions.

      Zoroastrianism: "That nature alone is good which refrains from doing to another whatsoever is not good for itself." Dadisten-I-dinik, 94,5

      Confucianism: "Do not to others what you would not like yourself. Then there will be no resentment against you." Analects 12:2

      Hinduism: "This is the sum of duty; do not onto others what you would not have them do unto you." Maabharata 5, 1517

      Taoism: "Regard your neighbor's gain as your gain, and neighbor's loss as your loss."
      Tai Shang Kan Yin Pine

      Buddhism: "Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful." Udana-Varga 5,1

      Judaism: "What is hateful to you, do not do to your fellowman. This is the entire law; the rest is commentary."
      Talmud Shabbat 3id

      Christianity: "All things you would like others to do for you, do you also for them; for this is the law and the prophets." Matthew 7:1
      Even to "Love Your Enemies", as a way to make them friends. Jesus

      Islam: "No one of you is a believer, until he desires for his brother that which he might desire for himself." Sunnah

      Not a problem for those who can see humans on earth as their brothers and sisters. But how best to deal with those who have no feelings for others outside themselves, or even family or friends?

      This can be due to a taught belief in inequality, or a lack of the normal ability to feel love. These people will early seek positions of power to be able to control, manipulate, to force their own way!

      They often practice the opposite of the Golden Rule and do what they like without concern for any hurt to others. Such "Reptilian" like people are not affected by normal human love, and consider it only a weakness to exploit.

      We can see such inhumanity to others in present day misuse of laws, even in huge Corporate Giants that favor profits over good living wages and benefits, to those who do the work.

      Those who discriminate because of race or sex, and most damaging are those who keep us in destructive one after another, wars.

      We know now the inhumanity of less than 2% controlling over 90% of the world's economy and resources!
      Most know our natural resources are best used for the benefit of all.

      Yet right now almost half of all people are living at only a survival level. While about 25,000 children daily starve and millions go to bed at night hungry!

      Many will stay unbalanced in their thinking as long as major religions continue to discriminate, such as with the female half, and continuing to create inequality.

      We have the people power to change this balance of evil. Possible by working together for equal rights and opportunity. The power of Good is stronger than any negative force.

      Yet we have to find the strength and will, to work together to change the present imbalance. Must daily seek to serve only a God of Holy Love and Goodness for the strength and the wisdom needed.

      A Creative Consciousness you can experience, that is more powerful, more loving and more knowing, than we as humans alone, are capable of. Yet within us is this eternally alive Creative Love Force, the very "ground of all being", that is ours to call upon.

      So strong are opposing negative forces now in most areas of control, there is no way to win by fighting them with violence, as in the past.

      Those who chose this life to be better, rather than be controlled by a selfish few can be guided by a Holy Spirit of Love in a non-violent way.

      Find at least 12 others you can trust and encourage each of them to find at least 12 others to start building a non-violent army that is stronger in resistance than those now in power.

      It may sometimes seem much easier and safer to join in selfishness, but only for a short time.
      Your eternal spiritual life can be entered only by willingly living in righteousness. For The Spirit of Love does not live in selfishness.

      Peace, like a river will then be found within you.

      www.equality4peace.org +
      www.goldenrulefamily.org