Re: [world_peace_movement] Fw: Rules of Shariah on taking snaps/photo of living beings

  • al mahmood md.
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2 6:43 AM
      Thanks.

      --- On Mon, 4/30/12, qamruddin chowdhury <qamruddinc@...> wrote:

      From: qamruddin chowdhury <qamruddinc@...>
      Subject: Re: [world_peace_movement] Fw: Rules of Shariah on taking snaps/photo of living beings
      To: "world_peace_movement@yahoogroups.com" <world_peace_movement@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: "sharif_mahmood@..." <sharif_mahmood@...>
      Date: Monday, April 30, 2012, 2:18 AM

      Yes, you are right! You didn't originate this discussion; one M.Habibullah did. Sorry about that.  If TV, VCD are haraam, then just avoid them.  We don't need to replace one haraam with another.

      I had only suggested that if we use our time on essential readings and practices of our religion, we simply don't have time for haraam.  In other words, Haraam would be replaced by Halal. And that's one alternative.  I hope this is not too naive for you. If it is, then you have to find your own alternative.

      Best regards.

      From: qamruddin chowdhury <qamruddinc@...>
      To: "world_peace_movement@yahoogroups.com" <world_peace_movement@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 12:58 AM

      I would request the full answer from Mr. Sharif Mahmoud who originated this e-mail discussion.  If not, we can also seek clarification and answer from learned and practicing ulemas and in this internet age, perhaps from well known Islamic web sites.

      My own simple answer is to abstain from TV, VCD, movies, etc.  It may be easy for us grown ups to shun these media, however, i would find it extremely difficult for the children to avoid cartoons, etc.

      For us grown ups I would suggest that we use our previous time in the reading and learning of the holy quran and hadees for becoming practicing muslims, for concentration in our prayers, ebadaat, to have kindness towards others, be tolerant, be giving and charitable, honest and diligent, etc., instead of wasting our time on silly tv programs and vcds.

      Best regards.

      From: Muhammad Habibullah <way2peace786@...>
      Date: Sunday, April 22, 2012, 6:10 AM