GOD's laws require us to be kind to the land

  • wu siu yan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2005
      GOD's laws require us to be kind to the land

      GOD : "For six years you shall sow your land and
      gather in its yield; but the seventh year you shall
      let it rest and lie fallow, that the poor of your
      people may eat; and WHAT THEY LEAVE THE WILD BEASTS
      MAY EAT. You shall do likewise with your vineyard, and
      with your olive orchard." [Ex 23:10-11]

      Modern day agriculture never give rest to the land,
      but use fertilizers extensively. And because of this,
      insects multiply, and people counter-act this by using
      plenty of pesticides. All these practices are against
      the Will of GOD.

      We may use fertilizers, but still we must give rest to
      the land one year every 7 years.

      Lastly, I should say that we should never change the
      laws/commandments of GOD by replacing the teachings on
      land by "kind to the land etc." We Chinese have a
      terrible experience in this : our ancestors knew what
      are righteous acts and what are unrighteous acts. But
      they did not specify which acts are righteous and
      which are unrighteous, but just taught us to act
      righteously. Over the years, people have very vague
      ideas of what are righteous. Therefore we must teach
      the laws/commandments of GOD exactly, but we may
      explain the rationale behind, because if people
      understand the rationale behind, they can remember the
      commandments better.

      Wu Siu Yan

      (*) Law of GOD and His Commandments
      http://balder.prohosting.com/sywu/true.htm

      (*) Bible
      http://www.cforc.com/kjv/index.html

      Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one
      click.
      http://farechase.yahoo.com

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs