GOD's laws require us to be kind to the trees

  • wu siu yan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2005
      GOD's laws require us to be kind to the trees

      (1) One year in every 7 years, we must not prune our
      trees.

      GOD : "Six years you shall sow your field, and six
      years you shall prune your vineyard, and gather in its
      fruits; but in the seventh year there shall be a
      sabbath of solemn rest for the land, a sabbath to the
      LORD; you shall not sow your field or prune your
      vineyard." [Lev 25:3-4]

      Pruning the tree will hurt the tree, though it can
      make the tree produce more fruit. Therefore GOD
      taught us to give rest to the tree one year in every 7
      years.

      (2) Do not pick fruit from a fruit tree when it is
      young, below 3 years.

      GOD : "When you come into the land and plant all kinds
      of trees for food, then you shall count their fruit as
      forbidden; three years it shall be forbidden to you,
      it must not be eaten. And in the fourth year all
      their fruit shall be holy, an offering of praise to
      the LORD. But in the fifth year you may eat of their
      fruit, that they may yield more richly for you: I am
      the LORD your God." [Lev 19:23-25]

      Though there are few laws/commandments from LORD
      pertaining to trees, we should know the Will of GOD in
      this.

      Lastly, I should say that we should never change the
      laws/commandments of GOD by replacing the teachings on
      trees by "kind to the trees etc." We Chinese have a
      terrible experience in this : our ancestors knew what
      are righteous acts and what are unrighteous acts. But
      they did not specify which acts are righteous and
      which are unrighteous, but just taught us to act
      righteously. Over the years, people have very vague
      ideas of what are righteous. Therefore we must teach
      the laws/commandments of GOD exactly, but we may
      explain the rationale behind, because if people
      understand the rationale behind, they can remember the
      commandments better.

      Wu Siu Yan

      (*) Law of GOD and His Commandments
      http://balder.prohosting.com/sywu/true.htm

      (*) Bible
      http://www.cforc.com/kjv/index.html

      Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one
      click.
      http://farechase.yahoo.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com