GOD's laws require us to be kind to be animals 7

  • wu siu yan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2005
      GOD's laws require us to be kind to the animals

      (1) Give rest to beast of burdens on Sabbath, e.g.
      ass, camel, ox (for plowing) , ... they should not
      work on Sabbath and should have rest one day in a
      week,

      [Start quote]

      GOD : Six days you shall labor, and do all your work;
      but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God;
      in it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or
      your daughter, your manservant, or your maidservant,
      or your cattle, or the sojourner who is within your
      gates. [Ex 20:9-10]

      [End quote]

      [Start quote]

      Six days you shall do your work, but on the seventh
      day you shall rest; that your ox and your ass may have
      rest, and the son of your bondmaid, and the alien, may
      be refreshed. [Ex 23:12]

      [End quote]

      (2) GOD : "When a bull or sheep or goat is born, it
      shall remain seven days with its mother; and from the
      eighth day on it shall be acceptable as an offering by
      fire to the LORD." [Lev 22:27]

      GOD taught us to allow the new born to remain with its
      mom 8 days at least.

      There must be psychological and physiological reasons
      for this.

      I have read from books that some babies were taken
      from their mothers just after birth ! This should
      never have been done to humans.

      (3) GOD : "You shall not boil a kid in its mother's
      milk." [Ex 23:19]

      This commandment is hard to understand. But IMAGINE
      yourself to be the mother cow.

      When your master kill your child for food, would you
      not know it ? Would it not grieve you ?

      If you master is going to cook your child in milk, and
      comes to milk you to boil the meat in, would you not
      perceive it ? Would it not grieve your heart
      tremendously ? What would be your feeling towards
      your master ?

      Do not think that animals have no feelings.

      Therefore GOD gives us this commandment.

      (4) Enoch, in his books, has taught us similar
      things, [2 Enoch 58:6-7]

      Enoch : "The Lord will not judge a single soul of
      beast for man's sake, but adjudges the souls of men to
      their beasts in this world; for men have a special
      place. And as every soul of man is according to
      number, similarly beasts will not perish, nor all
      souls of beasts which the Lord created, till the great
      judgment, and they will accuse man, if he feed them
      ill." [2 Enoch 58:6-7]

      Therefore, if you do not treat the animals in your
      charge according to the Will of GOD, then during
      Judgment Day, they will testify against you, and you
      WILL NOT enter paradise.

      (*) Book of Enoch (2)
      http://balder.prohosting.com/sywu/enoch2.htm

      (Note : this doesn't mean we can't kill our animal for
      food, only if we kill it humanely.)

      Lastly, I should say that we should never change the
      laws/commandments of GOD by replacing the teachings on
      animals by "treat animals kindly etc." We Chinese
      have a terrible experience in this : our ancestors
      knew what are righteous acts and what are unrighteous
      acts. But they did not specify which acts are
      righteous and which are unrighteous, but just taught
      us to act righteously. Over the years, people have
      very vague ideas of what are righteous. Therefore we
      must teach the laws/commandments of GOD exactly, but
      we may explain the rationale behind, because if people
      understand the rationale behind, they can remember the
      commandments better.

      Wu Siu Yan

      P.S. Miscellaneous teachings about animals,

      GOD : "And whether the mother is a cow or a ewe, you
      shall not kill both her and her young in one day."
      [Lev 22:28]

      GOD : "You shall not let your cattle breed with a
      different kind; you shall not sow your field with two
      kinds of seed; nor shall there come upon you a garment
      of cloth made of two kinds of stuff." [Lev 19:19]

      (*) Law of GOD and His Commandments
      http://balder.prohosting.com/sywu/true.htm

      (*) Bible
      http://www.cforc.com/kjv/index.html