Consensus memories

  • Chawk756@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      Can anyone remember more details than I can of an amazing incident in a
      consensus game between two human teams (N v S it may have been, or UK v RoW) a year
      or so ago (or maybe longer) where one of the teams *missed a bonus*!!!

      I seem to remember the team whose go it wasn't *had* spotted it and watched
      for a week as the team whose go it was cogitated and speculated on what was the
      best play, only to tease them to high heaven after the voting for missing the
      (9 letter?) play. LeXpert etc, was allowed back then as it is now, so it must
      go down as one of the biggest misses in Scrabbledom, bigger than Pakorn's in
      game 5 of the WSC.

      Memories please?

      Chris Hawkins

      PS I cross-posted this as I can't remember which list the game was played on.