New in mac computing

  • premaks
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2014

      Dear all,

      I just bought myself a new Mac mini.

      What to do from here?

      I am addicted to WordPerfect 6.0 for DOS!

      Thanks and regards all!

      Maks.

    • jrethorst
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 29, 2014
        I would search this group's conversations for terms like DOS, Windows, and boot camp, which runs Windows programs on Macs.

        John R.
      • Dr P Maksimovich
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 29, 2014
          Thanks! Will do that. Was hoping there is a WP version for Mac...

          Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

          I would search this group's conversations for terms like DOS, Windows, and boot camp, which runs Windows programs on Macs.

          John R.
        • J.J. McVeigh
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 29, 2014
            On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 19:06:08 +0100, Dr P Maksimovich
            premaks@... [wordperfectmac] wrote:

            >> I would search this group's conversations for terms like DOS,
            >> Windows, and boot camp, which runs Windows programs on Macs.

            > Thanks! Will do that. Was hoping there is a WP version for Mac...

            There is a WP version for Mac... WP 3.5ep, the last version that Corel
            released. To run WP 3.5ep on your new Mini, you need to install
            SheepShaver or some other emulator. Take a look in the Files section.
            There are a lot of resources there.
          • jrethorst
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 29, 2014
              Also, on this group's front page, in the Group Description section, there's a link titled "Getting Started with WordPerfect Mac".

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 30, 2014
                Corrected version of an earlier message:

                You can run WPDOS 6.x on a Mac:

                WPDOS - WordPerfect for DOS on the Mac: WPDOSBox under OS X

                or, for a slightly more experimental but maybe more flexible system, see: