NeoOffice FYI

  • Chris Harshman
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2014
      Out of curiosity (while literally waiting for paint to dry ;)) I pulled the NeoOffice source code (http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/build.phphttp://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/build.php). (CVS?! Who still uses CVS? All the cool kids went to subversion eons ago, and now they're using git...)

      FWIW, NeoOffice is building against OpenOffice 3.1.1.1. This is from August 2009. (4.1.0 is current.)

      The libwpd included in NeoOffice is 0.8.14, which dates back to February 2008! (0.9.9 is current, and about a year old. The 0.9 branch, which obsoleted 0.8 and earlier, dates back to 2010.)

      I would not use NeoOffice for WordPerfect importing; the codebase is definitely "out of date."

      YMMV.

    • Joe Edgell