[ANN] SheepShaver-WP 2.0.2

  • jrethorst
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2014

      This maintenance release addresses problems when starting up SheepShaver on fast machines running OS 10.8 and 10.9.

      If you have SheepShaver-WP 2.0.1 installed and want to upgrade, an easy way to do that is open this 2.0.2 disk image, find SheepShaver WP.app in the Components folder, and copy that to your Applications folder, replacing the app already there.

      Alternatively, of course, you can copy any document files you have on your current SheepShaver volume to the Unix volume, i.e. OSX, and then do a complete install of this upgrade. It's an easy double click.

      Free in the SheepShaver and Basilisk folder of the Links section here, as "SheepShaver-WP 2.0.2".

      John R.

    • Gilbert, Geoff
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26, 2014
        John
        Cleared out all old versions of Sheepshaver, including 2.01. Deleted all the prefs files for Sheepshaver in all OSX Libraries. Installed a clean version of 2.02. It launched from alias on desktop, lasted a bit longer than 2.01, but then quit unexpectedly.
        In the middle of marking. Will play more tomorrow
        Geoff
        ------------------
        Geoff Gilbert
        Professor of Law
        School of Law and Human Rights Centre
        University of Essex
        Wivenhoe Park
        Colchester
        CO4 3SQ
        Tel +44 (0)1206 872557
        Fax +44 (0)1206 873428
        geoff@...<mailto:geoff@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26, 2014
          Launches perfectly if I click on the sheepshaver icon itself … and I have even cleared out all the (USA) files and replaced them with (GBR) versions. It was a bit like Bones McCoy in the original Star Trek: “It’s English, Jim, but not as we know it"

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 27, 2014
            Have you tried clicking the SheepShaver-WP icon again, now that SheepShaver has launched successfully when you clicked on the SheepShaver application itself?
          • Gilbert, Geoff

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 27, 2014
                I've found a solution and will post 2.0.3 soon. 2.0.2 has been deleted.