WP for Win installed on iMac won’t run

  • bill.bryson@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 19, 2013

      iMac with OSX-10.9 Mavericks plus Parallels plus Win 8 with WP Office x6 installed, but WP won't run.

      I get the following message:

      Runtime error

      Program …s (x86) Corel\WordPerfect office x6\programs\wpwin.16\exe

      This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

      Please contact the applications support team for more information.

      Any suggestions?

      Bill Bryson

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 19, 2013
        Dear Bill
        I am not 100% certain that you have addressed the correct form with your problem: this is for users of WP Mac, not WP Win running under Parallels. All I can say is that the first version of Parallels 9 had problems with Windows 8 (and pre-Parallels 9 there were even bigger problems) and that Parallels 9 running Windows 7 can launch WPWin X5, no problem at all. Sorry that I cannot check your precise set up, but my money would be on Parallels and Win8 not providing all the drivers WPX^ is looking for.
        Hope you find your solution in a different forum.
        Geoff Gilbert
        Professor of Law
        Head of the School of Law
        School of Law and Human Rights Centre
        University of Essex
        Wivenhoe Park
        Colchester
        CO43SQ

        Tel: +44 (0)1206 872557
        Fax: +44 (0)1206 873428
        essex.ac.uk)

        Advancing the legal and broader
        practice of international human rights

        19 November 2013 16:23

      Message 3 of 5 , Nov 19, 2013
        Bill
        Apologies for the sloppy proofreading - I meant to have typed that I was not certain this was the correct 'forum' and that 'WPX6' is looking for drivers not found in Parallels 9 running Windows 8.
        Geoff Gilbert
        Professor of Law
        Head of the School of Law
        School of Law and Human Rights Centre
        University of Essex
        Wivenhoe Park
        Colchester
        CO4 3SQ

        Tel: +44 (0)1206 872557
        Fax: +44 (0)1206 873428
        Email: geoff (for those outside the University, add @ followed by essex.ac.uk)

        19 November 2013 17:33

        Message 4 of 5 , Nov 19, 2013

          The answer is here:

          http://corel.force.com/support/apex/KBArticleDetailPage?id=kA060000000L6io&lang=en_US

          This issue has nothing to do with the fact that you're running WPWin on the Mac. A better forum for WPWin questions is at www.wpuniverse.com

          Message 5 of 5 , Nov 19, 2013
            Ed
            Thanks for reposting the wpuniverse website - that was what I was trying to remember/ find yesterday
            Geoff Gilbert
            Professor of Law
            Head of the School of Law
            School of Law and Human Rights Centre