[ANN:] WPMacApp with faster printing

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2013
      I've updated the WPMacApp system so that it uses a faster method of printing to the OS X printer - and faster also at other features such as saving PDF files from WP to OS X.

      Instead of using a folder action script, as before, it uses something called a launch daemon. The speed improvement should be obvious under OS X 10.7 and 10.8, not so obvious but still significant under 10.6.

      You don't need to uninstall anything to use the new version. Just copy the new version over the old and it will remove the old printing system and install the new printing system when you start it up.

      Same download link as before:

      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/271144/WPMacApp%20Installer.dmg

      With thanks to John Rethorst for testing this and uncovering some well-hidden bugs.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2013
        WPMacApp is a very impressive package. It's a full-blown OSX application that takes advantage of the latest Apple technology. It's sleek, sophisticated and fast.

        I find that if you activate the Spaces utility and set WPMacApp to run in its own space, you can then run it full-screen, and WordPerfect becomes the equal of any OSX app there is.

        Ed, way to go!

        John R.