Re: Fonts

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 16, 2013
      I don't have a copy of WPMac App here to check every detail, but this procedure should work. Don't take any shortcuts - all these steps are here for a reason. If you skip any of the steps, don't expect the procedure to work.

      Create a new folder on your OLD computer's desktop. Call it something like "Old Fonts".

      Find the font files on your OLD computer; they will be in the Fonts folder in the System Folder (NOT "System" but "System Folder" - THiS IS VERY IMPORTANT!); copy the font files that you need, and only the ones that you need, into the "Old Fonts" folder that you just created. When you are done, close the folder, Ctrl-click on its icon and choose Compress... or something similar. This will create a zip archive. E-mail that .zip archive to yourself or find some other way to get it to your new computer.

      When you have the zip archive on your NEW computer, double-click on it to extract the font files. A new folder will be created that contains the font files. Drag that folder into your "Documents" folder.

      Now, and only now, start up the WPMacApp. After it starts, quit the WordPerfect word-processor application, but keep the WPMacApp running.

      On the WPMacApp desktop, open the WPMac HD "hard disk" and leave it open, so that you can see the System Folder.

      Open the Unix folder in the WPMacApp. Find the folder with your fonts and drag it into the folder on the WPMacApp desktop named "File Transfer."

      Open the "File Transfer" folder and find the folder that contains your files. Drag the font files and drop them on the "System Folder" icon. You should be prompted whether to copy the files ito the Fonts folder (or something similar). Say Yes.

      When the fonts are copied, start up WordPerfect again.

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 16, 2013
        Adobe's free ATM Lite supports the use of OSX Open Type fonts in Classic -- see http://www.adobe.com/products/type/install-instructions.html#subtitle_4. ATM is a free download from the Links and Files sections here. It is included with SheepShaver-WP and maybe as well with WPMacApp.

        John R.

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 16, 2013
          I'm not expecting ATM to disappear as a download any time soon, but just added it to the Files section here JIC.

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 16, 2013
            By the way, please let us know what fonts you're missing. I tried to include all the usual fonts in the WPMacApp, but you may have bought some additional fonts, or you were using other programs that installed fonts.

            To others who participated in this thread: please note that was asking about adding fonts that he already has on another machine, not a general question about font technology.

            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Doug Auwarter <dauwarter@...> wrote:

            > How can I add fonts to WP mac app in Sheepshaver? My documents don't look the same as the ones created in Classic environment on another computer because some fonts are missing.
            > Mac Mini Intel (recent) OS 10.8.4
            > Thanks!
            > Doug

          • Doug Auwarter
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 17, 2013
              Thanks! I'm sure you're right, in regards to having added fonts. I haven't had a chance to make an extensive checklist, but so far the ones I'm missing are Bradley Hand and the Bernhard family. Seems to me that I got Bernhard from the original WP 3.1 or 3.5 program I purchased years ago, but I could be wrong.
              Again, thanks for the help!
              Doug

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 17, 2013
                I don't think I can help with Bradley Hand, but here's how to add the Bernhard family to the existing WPMac setup. (I'll make sure it's added to the program the next time I upload it).

                Start up the WPMacApp.

                Shut down WordPerfect itself.

                Double-click the WPMac HD icon at the upper right. In the window, find the folder named Installers. Scroll down until you find WP Installers. Double-click "WP Installers' to open its window.

                Double-click on Install Corel WordPerfect 3.5e.

                Click Continue, then Accept, then Continue.

                Then STOP and follow these instructions VERY carefully!!! Read them two or three times before proceeding!

                In the upper left of the "Install Corel WordPerfect 3.5e" window you will see "Easy Install." Click on the down arrow and choose Custom Install

                Make absolutely certain that Custom Install is visible, and that all the checkboxes beneath it are empty.

                Scroll down in the list of checkboxes until you find WP Fonts. Check the box next to WP Fonts. Make sure that NO other boxes are checked.

                Click Install. At the Choose Language dialogue box, it probably doesn't matter which you choose, but choose United States anyway. Continue with the installation, and follow the prompts to restart the system.

                When it starts up again, the Bernhard fonts should be installed. You'll have to transfer Bradley Hand from your other computer, following the procedure I described in an earlier message.