Need help finding and opening documents in SheepShaver

  • hazeldarc
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 12, 2013
      Hi, I just downloaded SheepShaver (Thank you to whoever made that available!) and I can't find documents in it. I have tried dragging and dropping WP docs into the OSX>SS and the SS>OSX folders on my mac, but I can't find them in SheepShaver. I really have no idea what I'm doing and couldn't find the FAQ that I"m sure is out there somewhere. Thank you for your help!
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 12, 2013
        It sounds as if you downloaded the "SheepShaver-WP" system.

        1. Before you start up SheepShaver, make sure your documents are in your OS X "Documents" folder. Don't drag them anywhere else.

        2. With SheepShaver running, open the "Unix" folder on the SheepShaver desktop. The folder named "Unix" in SheepShaver is the same as the folder named "Documents" in OS X.

        Read the document titled "Using SheepShaver and WP.pdf" that came with the download.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "hazeldarc" <hazeldarc@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I just downloaded SheepShaver (Thank you to whoever made that available!) and I can't find documents in it. I have tried dragging and dropping WP docs into the OSX>SS and the SS>OSX folders on my mac, but I can't find them in SheepShaver. I really have no idea what I'm doing and couldn't find the FAQ that I"m sure is out there somewhere. Thank you for your help!

      • J.J. McVeigh
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12, 2013
          At 14:20 +0000 12.08.2013, I wrote:

          >At 14:03 +0000 12.08.2013, hazeldarc wrote:
          >
          >>Hi, I just downloaded SheepShaver (Thank you to whoever made that
          >>available!) and I can't find documents in it. I have tried dragging
          >>and dropping WP docs into the OSX>SS and the SS>OSX folders on my
          >>mac, but I can't find them in SheepShaver. I really have no idea
          >>what I'm doing and couldn't find the FAQ that I"m sure is out there
          >>somewhere. Thank you for your help!
          >
          >Have you looked in the tips here:
          ><http://tinyurl.com/lvkwoy7> ?
          >
          >See particularly pp. 11, 13, and 24 of 25.
          >
          >--
          >John Joseph McVeigh
          >Butler, Maryland, USA

          Sorry, for some reason, the tinyurl link is bad. Not sure how that
          happened. The link was supposed to point you to the PDF Help file,
          "SheepShaver_Help.pdf," in the "SheepShaver & Basilisk" folder at
          the Files page associated with this group.

          John Joseph McVeigh
          Butler, Maryland, USA