[ANN] John's WP File Recover

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9 12:27 PM
      This utility recovers text from a corrupted WP Mac file.

      Distributed separately as a Classic app and Universal binary, the Classic app requires OS 7.5 through 9.2.2, and runs in SheepShaver emulation, Classic and Legacy systems. The Universal app runs in any version of OSX.

      Users of Legacy systems should thus use the Classic app. Users in versions of OSX up to 10.4 can use either one, as can SheepShaver users, depending on the location of the file you want to recover: run the Classic app on the SheepShaver volume, or the Universal app on the OSX side.

      The recovered file will be a text file, which can be opened in WordPerfect, SimpleText, TextEdit in OSX, or any application that can read a plain text file.

      Even though WP's stability is legendary, especially for long documents (this program has been tested with a 1000-page file) and compared to MS Word, documents can become corrupted. WP File Recover should probably be in every WP user's Utilities folder.

      Free in the Files section here, as File Recover (Classic).sit and File Recover (OSX).sit.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 12 8:18 PM
        I neglected to point out that File Recover has been tested with both the SheepShaver emulation systems available here, and works fine with WPMacApp and SheepShaver-WP. All future utilities I write will be tested with and work with both systems.