Printing to PDF

  • Tommy Boothe
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2013
      I am unable to determine how to print to either of the WP macros that print to PDF. Every time I print, it prints to the physical printer attached to my computer. Any help is appreciated.

      Thanks

      Tommy
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2013
        First, are you using the WPMacApp? If so, which version of OS X do you have?

        The two PDF-creating macros in the WPMacApp should work correctly (I just tried them). You use them by clicking on one of them while a document is open.

        Please let us know more details.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Tommy Boothe <taboothe@...> wrote:

        > I am unable to determine how to print to either of the WP macros that print to PDF. Every time I print, it prints to the physical printer attached to my computer. Any help is appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Tommy

      • Tommy Boothe
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8, 2013
          Sorry for the lack of details.

          Yes, I am using the WPMacApp version 2.4.20120715. My operating system is 10.8.4 on a MacBook Pro.

          Where are the scripts located to click on?

          Thanks
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 9, 2013
            I may be misunderstanding your question, and if so, please provide more details. But you create a PDF in OS X by having a document open in WordPerfect and then, on the top-line menu (File, Edit, Insert, etc.), click Tools, then Macro, then, from the menu that opens from Macro, click on either PDF-Open in OS X or PDF- Write to OS X.

            If that is what you're already doing, and you are in fact able to print to your default printer from WPMac, then I can't imagine what's wrong, I'm sorry to say.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 9, 2013
              And I just noticed on that Macro menu that I neglected to rename one of the other macros on the list before posting the application.

              To improve the aesthetics of the thing, use Edit, Librarian, choose Macros from the dropdown list, and rename "PasteSpecialTextEM" to something like "Paste Unformatted".

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 9, 2013
                Thank you! The Tools menu was what I was missing.

                Your solution below worked perfectly.

                Thanks again.