Re: [ANN:] WPMacApp revised again

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1 10:16 AM
      Thanks for the good words, but, as I keep saying, the whole idea of the WPMacApp is lifted from your SS-WP system and makes shameless use of code by you and Smokey Ardisson. I would be very happy if you took over as much of it as you might find useful.

      I'll try the Translator again - where exactly (in the SS file system and the OS X file system) does it write its output files? It's possible that it finds the right folder on your system because you have both systems installed, but not on mine where I've been experimenting with having only one system going at a time.

      Will rename the WP UltraClip folder in preparation for your new version.

      More later when I get a chance to experiment.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2 1:53 PM

        > I would be very happy if you took over as much of it as you might find useful.

        I'd have a good deal of advanced technology to learn first ;-)

        > I'll try the Translator again - where exactly (in the SS file system and the
        > OS X file system) does it write its output files? It's possible that it finds
        > the right folder on your system because you have both systems installed,
        > but not on mine where I've been experimenting with having only one
        > system going at a time.

        You're right. Translator writes a URL to a text file named "LookupTerm.url" and puts that in a folder named "SS > OSX" in a folder named "SheepShaver Data" on the Unix disk. An OSX folder action script watches "SS > OSX". Those folders on the Unix disk were there when I tested, since my system was also installed. I also use these folders for printing and PDF creation, and for dictionary and thesaurus lookup.

        > Will rename the WP UltraClip folder in preparation for your new version.

        As a suggestion, Gabriel Fuentes of this group created a set of absolutely beautiful folders with badges for the various folders in the WP folder: Conversions, Language, Help etc. They're in the Files section here as WP Folders.sit. Nice of Gabriel to do that. Part of what I like about this group is how many people contribute.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3 7:20 PM
          John noticed that the option in the WPMacApp to run in a quasi-full-screen mode (accessible by holding down the Alt key when launching the application) wasn't working correctly. If you encounter this problem, solve it by going into the System Folder (in the WPMacApp), then Preferences, and delete the file Display Preferences. Then restart the WPMacApp.

          The current version of the download does not have this problem (because the Display Preferences file has been deleted from it).