Re: [wpmac] WordPerfect backwards compatibility

  • Chris Harshman
    Message 1 of 30 , Jul 28, 2013
      The discussion is about running WordPerfect (albeit for Windows) on a Mac, ergo, seems to me, it's on topic: "A resource for users of WordPerfect for the Macintosh *and supporting technologies*, including OSX Classic, AppleScript, and emulators including SheepShaver and Basilisk, which *run WordPerfect on Intel Macs* and on the Leopard OS (10.5) and later. ... Our discussion forum addresses *all aspects of WordPerfect* at all levels ..."

      I read that as "I have a Mac, I want to use my Mac, but I also have a need to use WordPerfect ..." Which this group is uniquely qualified to address. Windows emulation forums generally won't have the WordPerfect/Mac expertise, WordPerfect groups won't as a general rule have any Mac insight... If John wants this discussion taken elsewhere I'm sure he'll opine. Else: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k =)

      On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Rick Albright <logres@...> wrote:

      > Then would it be too much to ask that extended discussions (20+ messages and counting) be taken to an appropriate Windows-oriented discussion forum? [....]
    • Rick Albright
      Message 2 of 30 , Jul 28, 2013
        While debate is certainly not unwelcome, I think we've generally tried to avoid snarkiness as a general rule.

        On Jul 28, 2013, at 6:17 PM, Chris Harshman wrote:

        > If John wants this discussion taken elsewhere I'm sure he'll opine. Else:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k =)

        Rick Albright
        logres@...

        http://www.powells.com/biblio/72-9780980149647-0
        Message 3 of 30 , Jul 28, 2013
          Message #7893 already points to the appropriate forum for questions about WordPerfect itself (http://wpuniverse.com) but surely this is the appropriate forum - and in fact the only forum with the requisite expertise - for asking about any version of WordPerfect being used on a Macintosh computer.

          > Then would it be too much to ask that extended discussions (20+ messages and counting) be taken to an appropriate Windows-oriented discussion forum?
        • James Voelzow
          Message 4 of 30 , Jul 29, 2013
            FWIW--I use WPMac App and WP Mac 3.5 (and Boot Camp for any unusual PC needs), but I still find the discussions re different options/applications for utilizing WP Mac interesting and informative. Seems on topic to me.

            Just my 2ยข

            Jim