Two questions, ancillary support issues

  • N. Lynn Perls
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 10, 2013
      Over the years I have obtained great tips from this group, even tho I am no longer running WP via sheep-saver. But I updated one of my computers, and now cannot find two fairly critical fixes, I first obtained here from some of you:

      1. I am running WP for Windows (version 8 or 10) in VMWare Fusion. The printer in the virtual machine "hangs" whenever I try to print from WP. Someone on this list had links to software fixes from about 5 years ago to correct this glitch. Anyone recall?

      2. Someone has a program that allows us to view WP files on the mac via the finder through a quick look (i.e., by pressing space bar over document in finder we can "quick look" at any document it recognizes) the program link provided access to an installation that lets the mac understand WP files so they can be viewed in quick look as well.

      Any help with re-locating these two items would be terrific.

      N. Lynn Perls, Attorney
      Albuquerque, New Mexico
      www.perlslaw.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 10, 2013
        The latter are made by Gero Hermann and can be found in Files here.
        --
        Geoff Gilbert
        Professor of Law

        Tel: +44 (0)1206 872557
        Fax: +44 (0)1206 873428
        essex.ac.uk)

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 10, 2013
          Apologies, here:

          http://homepage.mac.com/herr

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 10, 2013
            Gero Herrman's site is now:

            http://herr.atspace.eu/

            but I don't think the fix for a printing issue with VMFusion is his.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 10, 2013
              --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "N. Lynn Perls" <lynn@...> wrote:

              > 1. I am running WP for Windows (version 8 or 10) in VMWare Fusion. The printer in the virtual machine "hangs" whenever I try to print from WP. Someone on this list had links to software fixes from about 5 years ago to correct this glitch. Anyone recall?

              A search in the forum shows nothing that corresponds to this. You may need to upgrade your copy of Fusion to the current version, or update WPWin to a more recent version. You might want to ask about printing problems with WPWin at WordPerfect Universe:

              http://www.wpuniverse.com

              You are only likely to be helped if you spell out exactly which version of WPWin you are using (use Help/About to get the full, exact version number) and the exact version of VMWare Fusion and the exact version of OS X.