Re: QuickLook and Spotlight Plugins by Gero Herrmann

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2013
      It's a privilege to join you in expressing a _lot_ of appreciation to Gero for his plugins. For one thing, integration with OSX is critical for WordPerfect's continued viability and, with his plugins, we can keep WP files on an OSX disk, find them with a search, and open them in SheepShaver directly from Spotlight. Thank you, Gero.

      But are most WP Mac documents these days necessarily quite old? I would guess that among our almost 7500 members are many who use WP as their primary word processor. It's certainly as reliable as anything out there, more stable for long documents, and with a depth of a feature set that's unmatched. For example, per my tests, Gero's document compare is much more accurate than MS Word's, and our regular expression search likewise. I think we have something going.

      John R.