Re: [wpmac] [ANN] OS X services to paste selected text into SheepShaver

  • mxytsplyk@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 9, 2013
      I get Error 404 at Dropbox

      Joe

      -----Original message-----

      From: em315 <em315@...>
      To: wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, Jun 9, 2013 07:13:51 HST
      Subject: [wpmac] [ANN] OS X services to paste selected text into SheepShaver

      I don't know how useful this will be, but I enjoyed the challenge of making
      it.

      This zip file contains two OS X "services" that copy selected text from an
      OS X application and paste it into whatever application is open in
      SheepShaver:

      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/271144/PasteToSheepShaverServices.zip

      [....]
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 9, 2013
        I discovered they didn't work correctly and deleted them. Corrected versions coming up soon.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 9, 2013
          (This is a corrected version of something I posted earlier but withdrew because it wasn't working correctly.)

          I don't know how useful this will be, but I enjoyed the challenge of making working on it.

          This zip file contains two OS X "services" that copy selected text from an OS X application and paste it into whatever application is open in SheepShaver:

          https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/271144/PasteToSheepShaverServices.zip

          Two services are included: one that pastes formatted text from OS X into SheepShaver, the other that pastes plain text only (in my WP setup, plain text gets pasted as Geneva 13).

          Instructions for installing them may be found in the two PDF files in the zip archive. Install either or both.

          After installing either or both, make sure that your SheepShaver setup is open and that WPMac is the active application in SheepShaver with a document window open.

          In OS X, in Safari or some other application, select some text. Ctrl-click and, from the Services menu, select either Paste into SheepShaver or Paste PlainText to SheepShaver (depending on whether you installed one or both).

          The selected text should now be pasted into WPMac. If it doesn't work the first time, go back to the OS X application and try again. Also, make certain that WPMac (or some other application that can receive text) is the frontmost application in SheepShaver.

          This method seems to work when you run these services via the Services menu, but I have not been able to make it work when I try to run the services from a keyboard shortcut assigned through System Preferences' Keyboard pane. When I try to use a keyboard shortcut, SheepShaver is activated, but nothing gets pasted into it. Maybe someone expert can modify the AppleScript in the services to fix this.

          Please, please, please do NOT waste bandwidth by posting a message saying that you can accomplish the same thing by pressing Cmd-C, Alt-Tab to switch to SheepShaver, and then Cmd-V. Everyone on this forum already understands that; you don't need to tell us. Also, please do not waste bandwidth posting a message saying that you don't need these services. You've managed very well without them until now, and no one is foolish enough to imagine that you do need them. I've posted them only so that they can be available to anyone who might want them or who might want to improve them. If you don't want them, please just ignore them.
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 9, 2013
            I've now rewritten these services as Automator workflows, so that they can be installed by double-clicking them and choosing Install.

            I've also added two more versions that return to the original application (Safari, etc.) after pasting into SheepShaver in case you want to collect into WPMac a lot of material in OS X without switching back and forth from OS X to WPMac each time.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 11, 2013
              One more detail: these work only under OS X 10.7 and 10.8, not under 10.6. I'll try to create versions that work under 10.6, but it may take a while (or it may be impossible).