Announcement: Rebuilt version of WPMac App

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2013
      I got annoyed at a bug in my WPMacApp (SheepShaver-based system for running WPMac) that caused a crash when you clicked the Help menu, so I rebuilt the whole system from another copy of the Mac OS.

      Ironically enough, John Rethorst pointed out to me that the Mac Help system is slightly incompatible with WPMac itself, so that if the Apple Guide extension is enabled, then WPMac's own help system sometimes doesn't work correctly.

      So the current version of the WPMacApp has the Apple Guide extension disabled in the Extensions Manager control panel. But you can always turn it on again if you want.

      If the system crashes when starting up, just run it again, and it should work correctly.

      Same download link as before:

      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/271144/WPMacApp%20Installer.dmg

      Various tips and tricks are described in the ReadMe First file included on the system, with further (somewhat outdated) notes here:

      http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel.html

      And, as before, this is based almost entirely on work by John Rethorst and Smokey Ardisson.