[ANN] John's WP OSX Lookup 1.0.2

    Message 1 of 3 , May 13 2:43 PM
      Select a word or phrase in WordPerfect and run one of these Applescripts. It will activate Apple's Dictionary that comes with OSX or the fine, free Nisus Thesaurus (at http://nisus.com/Thesaurus) and look up the word or phrase. Works in Sheepshaver and Basilisk setups and in OSX Classic.

      New in version 1.0.1: fixed a bug that could cause WP's vertical scroll bars to become inactive. In 1.0.2: generally cleaner operation.

      If you have Sheepshaver-WP Install 1.5, you already have this.

      Free in the Files section here, as OSX Lookup 102.zip.

      John R.
    • mxytsplyk
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15 12:37 AM
        Thanks John, but I have always liked the WP dictionary, mainly for the antonyms..

        Message 3 of 3 , May 15 12:29 PM
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "mxytsplyk" <mxytsplyk@...> wrote:

          > Thanks John, but I have always liked the WP dictionary, mainly for the antonyms..

          I like WP's dictionary and thesaurus as well, although both the OSX Dictionary and Nisus Thesaurus have antonyms too. What the latter two reference sources have in addition is definitions and examples of usage. I often find examples in context of how a word or phrase is used to be especially helpful.

          Since the world's best writers all use WordPerfect, it only makes sense to offer access to an abundance of writing and reference tools.

          Do many people use UltraSearch (free in the Files section)? Select text in WP and look it up in these reference sources:

          British Library
          FindLaw
          Google Books
          Google News
          Google Scholar articles
          Google Scholar legal
          Google Web
          Lexis Nexis
          Scribd
          US Library of Congress
          WestLaw

          (Notice the abundance of legal sources.)

          Nothin' wrong with looking stuff up.