Re: App/Window Switching from Keyboard in SheepShaver

    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2013

      > I tried that, but, under Mountain Lion at least, Ctrl-left opens the Dashboard and Ctrl-up opens Mission Control, so I didn't pursue it. There really should be some useful solution, but I think your alternate keystrokes for outlining might be best.

      Bummer, although ApplWindows lets you assign any combination of command, option and control keys plus the arrows. BTW it also can be set to hide apps that aren't frontmost. It's a nice control panel.

      > Is it possible to create a keyboard layout for outlining that would use your keystrokes? A keystroke macro could then toggle outlining mode and turn on the outlining keyboard. Or is that not possible?

      It's not possible to write a macro that scripts the Library, including choice of keyboard layouts, nor does WP's implementation of Applescript support switching keymaps. But Prefab Player could possibly do it very well.

      Message 2 of 5 , May 12, 2013
        Possibly straying off topic, but under ML Ctrl-Left moves you left a
        'space', which is where Dashboard hides. You can turn that off (and
        Ctrl-Right) under Keyboard| Keyboard Shortcuts in System Prefs (you'll
        need another way to get to Dashboard, but I keep the icon in the dock).
        --
        Geoff Gilbert
        Professor of Law

        Tel: +44 (0)1206 872557
        Fax: +44 (0)1206 873428
        essex.ac.uk)

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 15, 2013
          "The small icon at the right of the menu bar" -- unless you drag the divider half an inch to the left, in which case you have the application name as well as icon. Much better.