Re: wordperfect documents to mac and back.

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
      Dropbox would not be part of a conversion issue.

      The Conversions folders in the Files and the Links folders here have a great deal of helpful information.

      John R.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Clyde Robison" <clyde@...> wrote:

      > using wp on pc for years but now have a person with a mac. I need to transfer a few small .wpd to the mac via drop box (internet transfer program in the cloud). The letter is updated and returned via drop box to a pc. Is this possible? The program info on the web site http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64325719/Getting%20Started%20with%20WP%20Mac.pdf seems a bit confusing. Any thoughts?
      >
      > Thank you
      >
      > Clyde

    • Randy B. Singer
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2013
        On Apr 26, 2013, at 2:22 PM, Clyde Robison wrote:

        > using wp on pc for years but now have a person with a mac. I need to transfer a few small .wpd to the mac via drop box (internet transfer program in the cloud). The letter is updated and returned via drop box to a pc. Is this possible? The program info on the web sitehttp://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64325719/Getting%20Started%20with%20WP%20Mac.pdf seems a bit confusing. Any thoughts?

        There are a bunch of choices for how to do this, but somewhere along the way you will need to convert those files into a format that can be read in a popular word processor for the Macintosh.

        CrossWords, a commercial WordPerfect to Word conversion utility, can convert your WP files to Word on your Windows PC before transferring your files to your Macintosh. CrossWords has the huge advantage of allowing you to convert all of your WP documents in one big batch.
        http://www.levitjames.com/crosswords/CrossWords.html

        Randy B. Singer

        Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
        http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2013
          Randy,

          Are you actually using CrossWords? If so, how did you manage to get a copy? They only sell it to "enterprise" customers, not to individual users or small offices.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 6, 2013
            On May 5, 2013, at 2:12 PM, em315 wrote:

            > They only sell it to "enterprise" customers, not to individual users or small offices.

            I had missed that that they don't offer single-user licenses. (I'm used to dealing with law firms.)

            http://www.levitjames.com/How-to-Buy.aspx

            Thanks.

            Message 5 of 6 , May 6, 2013
              Have you actually used CrossWords? Is your recommendation based on experience? It would be interesting to know whether it produces the superior results that it seems to promise. Please let us know what you've learned.