changing wp files to mac.

  • bernace09
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 20 9:51 PM
      hi, I am new to this group. i have approximately 25 files i need to convert and do not understand anything I have downloaded to do this. i would be willing to pay someone a reasomable fee to convert them for me. is there anyone interested in doing this.
    • Vincent
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 21 7:58 AM
        Even if you find someone to do this job for you, it's more hassle for only 25 files than doing it yourself. Download the free word processor LibreOffice and simply open the WP files directly with this. LibreOffice does a very good job in converting WP files. Though formatting may not always be perfect, you are probably only interested in getting the information in the documents. LibreOffice can then save in its own format or in many other formats.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "bernace09" <bernacecharles@...> wrote:

        > hi, I am new to this group. i have approximately 25 files i need to convert and do not understand anything I have downloaded to do this. i would be willing to pay someone a reasomable fee to convert them for me. is there anyone interested in doing this.

      • darylngee
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 21 8:34 AM
          HI,

          I probably not the one who can help you, but we need more information from you first.

          1) What kind of files did you download and from where? For instance, was it from a computer that ran with Windows, such as a Dell or HP, or was it from a Macintosh, and what kind?

          2) What kind of computer do you have now that you want to use these files on, and do you know the type of operating system that is installed on it?

          3) It may help to know your profession. There are a number of lawyers, scholars, psychologists, etc., who read your note and who might be able to give you more advice.

          4) Finally, what have you done so far? Have you downloaded any version of WordPerfect from this group and tried to open or install it?

          Looking forward to hearing from you.

          Thanks.

          Daryl