Success! (John's package under Mountain Lion)

  • ted_m_p_lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2013
      To recapitulate, I couldn't get John's ss-wp package to work under Mountain Lion. The startup script would activate SS (it would show up in the dock as running) but no SS window would come up. If I clicked on the SS icon in the dock, the window would come up -- but not be repositioned. I figured out how to fix the problem. Early in the script is the line

      I am guessing that in Mountain Lion "activate" doesn't bring the app to the front, despite what the applescript guide says. Anyway, here's the script fragment that works:

      tell application "SheepShaver" to activate
      delay 1
      tell application "SheepShaver" to activate

      (that's instead of the single <tell application "SheepShaver" to activate> in John's scripts.)

      Ted Lee
      Minnetonka, MN