Why (I think) printing doesn't work in Mountain Lion

  • ted_m_p_lee
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16, 2013
      I may be jumping to a conclusion here, but the folder action script for printing has a reference to "Printer Setup Utility". There is no "printer setup utility" in Mountain Lion (although I looked and there was one in Tiger; haven't checked Leopard or Snow Leopard.)

      I haven't checked out the WPMacApp to see if perhaps it has a different script.

      Ted Lee
      Minnetonka, MN
    • ted_m_p_lee
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 16, 2013

        > I may be jumping to a conclusion here, but the folder action script for printing has a reference to "Printer Setup Utility". There is no "printer setup utility" in Mountain Lion (although I looked and there was one in Tiger; haven't checked Leopard or Snow Leopard.)
        >
        > I haven't checked out the WPMacApp to see if perhaps it has a different script.
        >
        > Ted Lee
        > Minnetonka, MN

        Nope, that's not it. I have a slightly earlier version of SS/WP installed on a Mac Mini (intel) running snow leopard. Printing works fine and it looks like it's the same script, one having that reference to "printer setup utility" -- but Snow Leopard doesn't have that app either!
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 16, 2013
          Under Mountain Lion, you can find "Printer Setup Utility.app" in /System/Library/Core Services. It's still there.