Re: [wpmac] Re: WP DOS on Mac

  • Chad Smith
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 15, 2013
      WordPerfect for Mac is a very old program that ran under Mac OS 9. It will
      not run directly under Mountain Lion. What is being offered in this tread
      is a "Virtual Machine" - a piece of software that runs under Mac OS X
      (including Mountain Lion) that simulates an older Mac. That "Fake
      computer" is running OS 9 - and Word Perfect is running on top of that.

      So, technically, no, WordPerfect for Mac will not run on Mountain Lion.
      However, using the software linked below, you will be able to run
      WordPerfect for Mac on your Mountain Lion machine. There is just a couple
      of layers to go through. The link has WordPerfect already installed on the
      virtual machine. It has everything you need to run it.

      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WPMacApp%20Installer.dmg

      If you are familiar at all with DOSBox, or with video game emulators, it's
      a very similar concept. Using Software to approximate hardware. Actually
      VMWare and Parallels are pretty much the same thing, although they tend to
      replicate hardware that is basically the same as the real hardware you are
      using.

      *- Chad W. Smith*