Re: Folder Action Scripts

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 6 3:56 PM
      Good to know!

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6 4:03 PM
        Actually, at least in my setup, the Laserwriter 8 driver in SheepShaver makes a PS (postscript) file. The printing script then presents a dialog to the user, asking whether to print the file or make a PDF document. If you click Print, the Printer Setup Utility opens the ps file, i.e. prints the document to paper. It would work as well to make a PDF file, open that in Preview (as the printing script does) and then print from Preview. Just an extra step.

        John R.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 7 6:40 AM
          That's essentially the way my WPMacApp works (because the WPMacApp is essentially a variation on John's SheepShaver/WP setup): When you "print" in WP, you get presented with two dialog boxes; press Enter at each one; after a few seconds, your document prints on the OS X default printer. As with John's system, you never need to click on a .PS file.

          In my WPMacApp setup, you can create PDF files by using a macro in WP. Or you can hold down the option key when launching the WPMacApp and change the defaults so that, when you print, you get a prompt from OS X asking if you want to print to a printer or create a PDF file. That's essentially the same as John's system, and uses a folder action script based on one he wrote.