Re: Macro question: place variable in Mac OS clipboard?

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 23, 2013
      Looks like it would work fine. I'd probably steer clear of the clipboard and pass the value to WP with a neutral (and in this case often helpful) macro like Redraw, adding a parameter to it that WP accepts as a script variable. Script variables 1-50 are global in scope.

      set theZoom to text returned of (display dialog "Enter zoom level:") etc.
      tell app "WordPerfect" to do script {"Redraw",theZoom)

      placing the numeric string into ScriptVar01.

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 23, 2013
        s/b

        set theZoom to text returned of (display dialog "Enter zoom level:") etc.
        tell app "WordPerfect" to do script {"Redraw",theZoom}

        with curly brackets around script name and parameters.

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 23, 2013
          Thank you - a much better solution than mine. Will implement later...

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 23, 2013
            Thanks for this suggestion. I've now implemented your suggestion, and left the clipboard untouched, which I wanted to do all along. New version posted now.

            So basically this code is entirely yours. Thanks again.