Question about macro variables

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6 7:29 PM
      Here is a mystery that I hope a macro expert can solve.

      I'm trying to write a macro that sets the default zoom (magnification) level for all windows.

      Here's a series of experiments. First I created an empty template called "New Document Template" in the Templates folder. I did this so that an OnOpenDocument macro would work on new documents as well as existing ones.

      Then I created an "OnOpenDocument" macro that contains these lines:

      Assign (GlobalVar30;135)
      Magnification (GlobalVar30)

      This worked perfectly. All new and existing documents open at the zoom level of 135%.

      Then I created an "OnStartUp" macro (to run when WP starts up) with this line:

      Assign (GlobalVar30;135)

      And I changed the "OnOpenDocument" macro so that it had only this line:

      Magnification (GlobalVar30)

      I closed down WP, started it up again - and the first blank opens at a zoom level of 3663%.

      All later documents and windows open at 135%.

      The same thing happens if I start up WP by clicking on a document icon; it opens at 3663%.

      If I close the document and reopen it, it opens at 135%, correctly.

      What is making the first document open at 3663%?
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10 9:48 PM
        The program was written in Utah.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 11 2:46 PM
          I found a workaround that uses one of your ideas, and should be able to post an easy method for setting and changing a default zoom level in a day or two. But this bug is still strange...