Re: Basic How to convert a Word Perfect (.wpd) file to MAC Microsoft Word

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 25, 2013
      The WPLO Converter lets you drop WP files on it and converts them to OS X. (It uses LibreOffice internally.) You can drop multiple files on it. Downl a oad from here:

      http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/wpfilesinosx.html#wplo

      Also, by searching the web, you can find information on command-line conversion using LibreOffice. Try one of the LibreOffice or OpenOffice.org forums for details. Or you can look in the script in the WPLO Converter, which uses LibreOffice's command-line conversion.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, david_st.amand <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > I just acquired another consulting business and all their files came in .wpd. Of course I'm an all MAC shop using OSX 10.8.2.
      >
      > This happened to me ten years ago when Corel still supported the MAC. I found my old disk but alas it will not load.
      >
      > I just joined this group and it seems like this is the right place to look but I got a little lost hunting for the correct converter.
      >
      > Which programs should I use for this conversion?
      >
      > Any help is greatly appreciated ( a cookbook step by step would be great).
      >
      > Dave

    • david_st.amand
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 26, 2013
        Thanks. It worked perfectly. Converted about one hundred letters/reports in about one minute.

        Dave