CorelCENTRAL Planner & Card files (WP Suite 8 for PC)

  • thomasslatis
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2013
      Hi,
      I am thrilled to find this WP Mac group and hope the following question is within its scope:

      I would like to open files on my Mac OSX 10.6.8 originating from WP Suite 8/CorelCENTRAL (for Windows95) called Planner.ccp and PlannerAbookExt.cca. These are accompanied by files with the same name and but file extensions *.fx, *.fx2, *.ix and *.ix2.

      When opening the file PlannerAbookExt.fx2 with TextEdit on my Mac I find among the bit trash fragments of email addresses and contact info I would like to recover.

      Any ideas how to open/convert the file, as well as the other supporting files, into readable format?

      Much obliged for your assistance.

      Thomas
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2013
        Although we have converters for some versions of WPWin itself, your files are from another part of Corel's office suite.

        The only thing I can think of is installing Windows on your Mac and using Boot Camp.

        The gurus at http://wpuniverse.com/ probably have much better ideas.

        John R.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "thomasslatis" wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I am thrilled to find this WP Mac group and hope the following question is within its scope:
        >
        > I would like to open files on my Mac OSX 10.6.8 originating from WP Suite 8/CorelCENTRAL (for Windows95) called Planner.ccp and PlannerAbookExt.cca. These are accompanied by files with the same name and but file extensions *.fx, *.fx2, *.ix and *.ix2.
        >
        > When opening the file PlannerAbookExt.fx2 with TextEdit on my Mac I find among the bit trash fragments of email addresses and contact info I would like to recover.
        >
        > Any ideas how to open/convert the file, as well as the other supporting files, into readable format?
        >
        > Much obliged for your assistance.
        >
        > Thomas

      • thomasslatis
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 21, 2013
          Thanks John,

          For your reply and suggestions. I will check the discussion threads in wpuniverse.com

          Best,

          Thomas