Re: WPMacApp improvements

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2013
      It doesn't seem possible for the old Mac OS Script Editor to open an AppleScript created in OS X. But there is a clumsy workaround: save the AppleScript in OS X as a text file; move the text file to SheepShaver; open the old Mac OS Script Editor and use GUI scripting to open the text file, then compile it and run it.

      The OS X AppleScript Editor is scriptable, so it can be told to open a script and save it in text format. Unfortunately, the old Mac OS Script Editor (at least in 8.6) is not scriptable so GUI scripting would be required.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 11, 2013
        No Script Editor needed. Move a script (with extension .scpt) into a watched folder; the folder action script can load that script into itself and run it (or any of its handlers). Works like a charm going to OSX; going to SS I have it working half the time.

        John R.

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 12, 2013
          Yes, understood about taking a script from SS to OS X - no editor needed.

          But I've had no luck sending a compiled (.scpt) script from OS X to SS and making it run. But I can make it work by sending a text file from OS X to SS, compiling the script in SS, and running it in SS.