Re: [wpmac] SheepShaver -- OSX talking to each other (was: WPMacApp improvements)

  • Chad Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 10, 2013
      Some may be already implemented, but I am just thinking out loud...

      - Shared Clipboard
      - Shared Printer
      - Shared folders
      - Drag-and-drop files from OS X Finder to SheepShaver
      - Automatic file conversion from wpd to doc from inside SS and from OS
      X. (Meaning you don't have to have SS open already for it to work. The
      basic thought would be you command-click on a file in OS X, select a menu
      option, then it opens SS if it's not already open, copies the file into
      WordPerfect, which then "Save As" to Doc or PDF or RTF or whatever option
      you pick - then copies that file to OS X and closes SS.)

      That's all I can think of at the moment.

      *- Chad W. Smith*

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2013
        You might be interested to look into the SheepShaver-WP and WPMacApp systems to see how some of these features already exist.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Chad Smith wrote:

        > Some may be already implemented, but I am just thinking out loud...
        >
        > - Shared Clipboard
        > - Shared Printer
        > - Shared folders
      • mxytsplyk
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 13, 2013
          Just curious, Does SS support input devices other than the keyboard/mouse? Say, a barcode scanner, for example. I don't yet have a need but might in the future. Again, just curious.

          Joe.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 13, 2013
            Probably not, but the place to ask about SheepShaver itself (as distinct from WPMac running under SheepShaver is at the forum that specializes in it:

            http://www.emaculation.com/forum/index.php