SheepShaver Installers (was: Joining This Yahoo Group)

    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 27, 2013
      There's also WPMacApp Installer in the Links section, in the SheepShaver and Basilisk folder. This is a different package of SheepShaver and WordPerfect, with more advanced design. You might want to try both.

      John R.

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 27, 2013
        I forgot to mention that WPMacApp requires Leopard (OS 10.5) or later while SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install runs on Tiger (10.4) and later. A third package is similar to WPMacApp but uses another emulator, Basilisk, instead of SheepShaver. More info about these are at http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel.html and http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel-alternate.html.

        John R.

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 28, 2013
          Just to complicate matters: there are actually two versions of the WPMacApp available on the first of the two pages linked below.

          One version is for 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later; that's the one that I try to keep up-to-date.

          The other version is for 10.5 (Intel or PowerPC), and I don't try to keep it up-to-date, and it's much less automated than the version for 10.6.