Re: [wpmac] Re: Joining This Yahoo Group

  • George Hulseman
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 27, 2013
      Thank you!

      --- On Sat, 1/26/13, bradhurte <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      From: bradhurte <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [wpmac] Re: Joining This Yahoo Group
      To: wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 2:04 PM

      I found a working archive in the Links section, Sheepshaver & Basilisk folder: SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install 1.4.2

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 27, 2013
        There's also WPMacApp Installer in the Links section, in the SheepShaver and Basilisk folder. This is a different package of SheepShaver and WordPerfect, with more advanced design. You might want to try both.

        John R.

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 27, 2013
          I forgot to mention that WPMacApp requires Leopard (OS 10.5) or later while SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install runs on Tiger (10.4) and later. A third package is similar to WPMacApp but uses another emulator, Basilisk, instead of SheepShaver. More info about these are at http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel.html and http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel-alternate.html.

          John R.

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 28, 2013
            Just to complicate matters: there are actually two versions of the WPMacApp available on the first of the two pages linked below.

            One version is for 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later; that's the one that I try to keep up-to-date.

            The other version is for 10.5 (Intel or PowerPC), and I don't try to keep it up-to-date, and it's much less automated than the version for 10.6.