Re: [wpmac] [OT] Apple's future

  • mxytsplyk
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
      Thanks for the link. And the comments, by some of those who were directly involved, tell more of the story.

      On Jan 24, 2013, at 6:23 PM, "Randy B. Singer" <randy@...> wrote:

      > On Jan 24, 2013, at 12:34 PM, John R wrote:
      >
      > > Enormous potential, but . . . ?
      > >
      > > http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jan/24/apple-fourth-quarter-earnings-strategic-weakness
      >
      > Thanks for posting that, John!
      >
      > The article itself was on track to be great, until the author pointed out the three things that he thought were Apple mistakes going forward. I think that the author was way off on those.
      >
      > However, many of the comments to the article, very uncharacteristically, are gold!

      > Randy B. Singer
      > Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)
      >
      > Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
      > http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
    • Richard Wagoner
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
        Just like how well IBM did my licensing their designs for PCs � People forget that for every success in licensing in the PC world (mainly Microsoft); there are hundreds of casualties.Only low-cost producers prevail and innovation stagnates.

        The same argument was made for having Sears sell their well-known brands (Craftsman, Kenmore, etc) at non-Sears-owned stores. Really does a lot for Sears stores � not.